-

hotrodder

Reaction score
Hello all, just joined up here, also a member of www.cuda-challenger.com, www.dodgecharger.com, and http://wichargerguy.proboards101.com/index.cgi.

Anyway, my currently owned A body is a '70 Duster. Bought it as a rolling chassis, been fully stripped of pretty much everything, even the fender tags are gone, but the vin is still there. I bought it to throw in a big block, and make it a racecar, but once I decoded the VIN, I found out that it's originaly a '70 Duster 340 car, so I don't want to cut it up. Thought about selling it, but I heard that A body prices are on the rise, so...... I think I'll hold on to it, and probably go ahead and start some work on it. The floors are pretty solid, how ever the trunk is not. The rear wheel well edges need some work too... And someone started some work on the rear around the tail light area, don't know what that's all about, but.... Also, someone painted the front fenders, and engine bay lime light green, but the hood is black, and the rest of the outside is a rust/red color. One of the doors on the inside is gold, and the other black. The original interior color, I think, was red, headliner is red.. No seats, ect.... Original column is gone...This car has been so stripped that... well, with the car bring brought up to driveable, everything will pretty much be new, or not new to the car..... I've seen worse come out to be really nice, so it's got potential, so.... We will see. But this want be my main projec,t my '72 Charger SE triple black with factory power windows is....:happy1:

Thanks for the replies yall. Yes, I got a little bit of work ahead of me. Right now I pulled the car forward so I can start trying to figure a layout to build a garage.... It should be roughly either a 30' x 40' or a 40' x 60' building, all metal of course.... I will have one lift, but now that I'm gonna be working with both cars, I may, but not sure, put two in it.....:scratch: Anyway, right now I'm getting rady to take the family out today for a family outting for a family day to Pine Mountain Georgia, about a 2 hour, or so, drive....:thumbup: My wife should really enjoy herself more this time than last, because the small shops they have up there, most were unfortantly closed :sad1:. So, about the car, I got a lot in mind, and at one point had begun to look stuff up, but once I got the Charger, I put this one off to the side, but now it's back up front with the Charger, so now it's time to start looking stuff back up again. I plan on having a full set of AutoMeter gauges on an aluminum panel for the dash, meanwhile the rest of the dash will be factory, that is, the part under the windshield that's there still.... Column will be a flaming river setup. I can't make up my mind about what to do about the tranny. I can get an A-833 from a guy I know, and can probably get it cheap... But the car originaly had an automatic in it..... Hince my problem, I'd like to have a 4 speed manual big block car, but it's a big hasel trying to go from auto to manual.... I may just leave it an auto car, they are fun too :headbang:. Anyway, there are several other ideas floating around up there, so.....:pirat:

Welcome hotrodder!!
You are at the right place to get the duster up in the air.
Hope you hang around so we can see your two mopars grow.:thumbup:
I can help you with one thing!! I would keep the 340 70 duster
an automatic, and paint it original and then hide the goodies under
the skin. These guys here are great and we
have the best of the best tec people here
to give there advice when you need it.
do you have any pictures of your great cars?
Jump on in and enjoy.:coffee2:

Yes, I have some pic's. Once I figure out how to post them, and figure out the size requirements, I'll see what I can do. My plans, of thinking here lately, is that being the shape that the car is, I will probably paint it one of the factory high impact colors (since there's no fender tag what so ever, I don't know what exactly all was original, I just have the VIN, which off the top of my head is.....
VS29H0B******
VS= Duster 340
29= 2 door sport coupe
H= 340 4bbl, 275hp
0= 1970
B= Dodge Main, Hamtramck MI
******= sequence number....

So, the VIN is nice, how ever the missing fender tag(s) (what ever the case was) isn't nice.... But anyway, my plans for it, I will post on another thread. Let me figure out how to post pic's here, and I'll get some pic's that I took of it a little while back of it up on here, along with my other project.

Update, check out the pic link stuff, and my pic files are gonna be to big to post here, maybe I can post them on photo bucket or something and post some links of them... We'll see.

Nice folks here with plenty of knowledge to share. Enjoy!

-
Back