-

ndoganci

Reaction score
Greetings from Istanbul, Turkey

My name is Naci, male, 52 years old retired seafarer...

I have inherited a great gift from a recently deceased relative, a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda with 170ci slant 6 engine, 3 speed auto...

The car was not in use more than 10 years, now I am going to bring her to life, again...

The car was imported from Canada in 1965 and she has been in our family since then...She has made about 100,000 miles over last 49 years...

I shall try to keep her as it is, not modifying her drum brakes to discs, enlarging the rims from 13" to 14-15" and swap slant 6 with a more powerful V8 but as I want to make her a daily driver I have some safety issues in mind and we shall see how it goes...

I found this forum while I was looking for some restoration parts ( front grill, tail light bazel, weather stripping etc) on the net and I am sure you will help me a lot in my Barracuda project...

Best regards,
Naci

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 1a.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 111
  • engine.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 113
Welcome. That car looks like it's in amazing shape already. Can't wait to see it cleaned up.

Welcome to FABO. Wow! was that barracuda stored in shrink wrap for 10 years? Man that is one nice looking car.

Welcome, let's see more pics of the front end. That grille looks like something I haven't seen on an Early A before.

Well... the original grill had an accident in 1987... at the time it was not possible to replace it locally... so we had to use our imagination :)))

finding an original grill & lights and replacing is no.1 in my to do list

regards
naci

I'd like to see some more pics. Is it all original (grill excluded) interior, paint etc?

Welcome, as far as the modifications go, don't save it for the next guy, as we can already see what happens when you do.

Do what you want to it, numbers and tight-white grease pencil marks don't mean squat in the a-body world. These, like all cars are meant to be driven, with the best spirit in mind, not looked at and rubbed with a diaper.

Welcome! car looks like a very nice start..

many issues can arise with this - make a plan --ask this forum hopefully you will be steered in the right direction saving both time & money on your ride!! post ups some more pics !! Lawrence

Welcome Naci!!! That would be a extremely nice car here in the states.....But owning it in Turkey is priceless...

Congrats & enjoy...:D

hi again,

thanking all of you for your warm wellcome messages...

already started working o n the car, today leaf springs overhauled after 49 years :)

found out that she has no power brakes, and rear brakes were not working at all...

maybe it is a better idea to cancel drum brake sysem and have disc brakes installed on 4 corners...checking my options at the moment... if I do that I may also have to put bigger rims etc...

any ideas?

regards
naci

-
Back