New Mopar Enthusiast, Maryland

-

340-Swinger

Reaction score

Just wanted to login and say how much I've been enjoying the site. Kinda 'Old Guy' here 57 this December 31st. I live in Rising Sun, Md This summer I purchased a 1970 Plum Crazy 340 Swinger 4-speed (matching numbers) I've been spending the summer looking for articles, photos, brochures and picking up NOS parts for a paint resto next summer. This site has been a very valuable resource and has answered most all of the questions I've had on locating parts or 'how to' or what works best. I hope to contribute and will post
pictures and progress on my Dart.
Thanks again

GregH

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger
2000 Dodge Ram Wagon
1981 Dodge Dakota
2003 Audi TT
1998 VW GTI
1967 VW Kombi
1980 TR8
1959 Frogeye

Thanks, All but the last three are currently tagged. The Split-window bus and the Triumph TR8 are running and my 2 Austin Sprite's are project cars. In High School my ride was a new 69' Roadrunner. My father retired from the Newark
Assembly Plant in Newark, Delaware. So there's always been a Mopar in my garage. I recently moved back to Rising Sun from Washington DC a couple years ago and wanted to relive my younger years. The Dodge Dart is the perfect car - Muscle-lite, I'm not a purist but like all my rides to be stock.
The Swinger has had a Mini-tub dome to it, so I've been researching articles on what was involved. Has typical motor mod's, 410 rear and 15" tires that fill the rear wheel wells. Looks fantastic. I've grow up in 4-speeds but I found out I need more practice rowing the gears. Cecil County Dragway is close by and Friday's are 'run what you brought'. Can't wait to post some good consistent times. More projects than money so some prioritizing need to be done.

GregH

Welcome. You will find everything you need. Whats a frogeye?????

Welcome aboard!

That is quite a collection, and to think folks give me a hard time about having two project cars (67 barracuda street car and 73 dart sport race car)

Bob

Welcome , and glad to have you on board with us,
Have a great Thanks giving and enjoy this great site.

Welcome 340-Swinger! This is an excellant site for all things A body...Im just below you down here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, Northampton County. Quite a collection I must say! Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! D

Just wanted to login and say how much I've been enjoying the site. Kinda 'Old Guy' here 57 this December 31st. I live in Rising Sun, Md This summer I purchased a 1970 Plum Crazy 340 Swinger 4-speed (matching numbers) I've been spending the summer looking for articles, photos, brochures and picking up NOS parts for a paint resto next summer. This site has been a very valuable resource and has answered most all of the questions I've had on locating parts or 'how to' or what works best. I hope to contribute and will post
pictures and progress on my Dart.
Thanks again

GregH

1970 Dodge Dart Swinger
2000 Dodge Ram Wagon
1981 Dodge Dakota
2003 Audi TT
1998 VW GTI
1967 VW Kombi
1980 TR8
1959 Frogeye

We are very close I am in peach bottom pa, If you need anything post it will try to help you out

Thanks guys. Yes a frogeye is the British term for the first years of the Austin Sprite, 59-61. Great little car to Autocross. As you can see my car intrest vary from Muscle to sports to utilitarian. It seems each car has and fulfills a unique purpose. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the local car shows or just getting together sometime.

GregH

340-7.jpg

340-11.jpg

welcome,, beautiful dart,,,rare factory color,,,and a 4 speeed to boot,,,most of us east coast guys flock to chryslers at carlisle in july,,,over 3000 show cars on the field,,,thanks now im not the oldest kid stil playing with cars,,,ill be 50 in december,,,hope to see you on the board

-
Back