New Mopar Owner!!!

-

DerekSolomon

Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is Derek Solomon, and I just bought the 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger that Motec was advertising with the sweet 17" wheels:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156703

Drove it the 117 miles back from Murrietta to Santa Clarita this afternoon! The car ran cool all the way, and I must have been waved at by at least a dozen people on the freeway. That car does attract attention, especially from other classic car fans.

I've always been a huge car and bike fan, but this is actually my first classic American car. I'm real excited about getting involved in this hobby, as well as sharing the experience with my 2 sons (17 and 14). I'm looking forward to learning all about Mopars, and enjoying the scenery from that awesome bench seat, lol!

Special thanks to Chris and Jason at Motec. I must have spent 2 hours talking to Jason this afternoon, and he was extremely patient as we went over the details of the car as well as just talking about muscle cars in general. It was a great buying experience. I'll definitely use them again in the future when I have a need for some modifications that require their expertise.

-Derek

Welcome Derek (and your 2 boys!!!)
Nice that Motec gave you such an enjoyable experience to get you started (not everyone is that lucky).
Enjoy this site, their are some great blokes on here and lots of good advice!

Welcome and congrats to the new purchase, that´s a sweet looking Dart.

Welcome, and I LOVE your car!!!!!!! It's so fun, isn't it? The adrenaline going through your body the first time you sit in the seat, and hit the gas is amazing, I remember the feeling like it was yesterday! TONS of good advice and awesome people here, it's like a community of experts that are willing to take time out of their day to help ANYBODY out.

Welcome to the family!

You got yourself a great looking Dart right there!

Get used to the waves...you're gonna get a lot of them.:D

Welcome to FABO, Derek, from another SoCal member. And congrats on your purchase of your beautiful '71!
Another convert to the Mopar faithful. You'll never be the same now the Mopar bug has bit you.
Are we going to see you at 'Fall Fling' in Van Nuys on 10/15?
Also, keep watching for FABO for info coming up soon on Inland Mopars Car Club's "Mopars In May" show in 2012. We've got something different for our 2012 show. Details soon.
Again, great Dart!

Welcome to the site. Congratulated on the purchase very nice looking Dart.

Welcome to FABO Derek! Enjoy your Dart! Jason and I will miss it. It is a nice little car.

Welcome aboard Derek! Looks like a very nice Swinger you got. Nice color and wheel combo too.

-
Back