New mopar owner

-

coreyg

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce my self. I just picked up a 71 plymouth scamp, it has a mild built 318. The frame is 95% rust free with only 2 small spots on the front sub frame that will need to be addressed. The body has a few visible rust areas nothing to bad though. This is my first mopar, looking forward to working on it and eventually driving it and going to car shows with my family. My plan is to work on the suspension and brakes then worry about the body. So far I've replaced the front upper control arms with QA1, I replaced the outer tie rods and I have the polyurethane bushing kit to install. My next step is to order a wilwood brake conversion kit. I wire brushed the inner fenders on the front and painted them with chassis saver and then rubber coated them. I'm sure I will have alot of questions this seems like the forum to ask them.

Attachments

• 00404_i8WtaAYlPnO_600x450.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 01414_l2epGDXCFpl_600x450.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 143
Welcome to our humble site, glad to have you with us!! Nice choice on the car for your first Mopar!!!

welcome to the fray - lots of great people and info here... um, Scamp huh? Looks an awful lot like a Dart... even when I squint really hard.. previous owner do some surgery?

nice dart. will we be seeing it at the mopar nats in carlisle this coming july?

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 110
I have alot of work to do before I go to any car show.

The seller said it was a 72, but the title says 71

-
Back