New Motor for the Cuda - MRL Performance 340 Stroker

-

733404spdCuda

Reaction score
Well its time to put a real motor in the Cuda and after months of research I’ve decided to go with Mike at MRL Performance. Mike has been great to work with, his knowledge and customer service is 2nd to none (this guy knows how to make reliable power!) I can't wait to drop the new bullet in the Cuda and tear up the street!

I had gathered parts for a 408 stroker but the compression would have been too much for pump gas (11.3 to 1) so Mike hooked me up with a nice 340 stroker package that will be pump gas friendly (9.6 to 1) and achieve my goal of 500 – 550 hp.

Details and pics of the build to follow!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3030Cuda.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,281
  • IMG_201Cuda.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 2,306
  • IMG_3033Cuda.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,263
Sharp looking cuda! I would love to get my project into the 400-450 hp range. Keep us posted, MRL sounds like a great outfit to work with!

Be prepared to figure out how to get larger tires in there.I recently went 416 and that's what I am doing right now.Just blows 255\60-15 drag radials off.Kevin.

I've been restraining myself from calling Mike to see how my engine build is coming along. He's been a great guy to deal with so far. I ordered a complete carb to pan stroker from him but I'm sending him my distributor, wires, and valve covers to save me a few $$$.

Subscribed, another 500 hp engine! 67Cuda, I was just wondering where the heck your engine is at - maybe I better call for you!

I would love to be able to have Mike build my next engine. You get what you pay for. I dont want a "blueprint" crate engine.

Another overpriced engine finds it home! :cheers:

MRL is no more expensive than any other quality engine builder that i looked into. As a mater of fact he broke down the price by line item and gave me better prices on material than i could have found with discounts.

The proof will be in the numbers!

Attachments

• mopp_1102_19_+2010_amsoil_mopar_muscle_engine_challenge+_mrl_performance(1).jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2,042
so it will be 400 or so to the tires,watch after a couple months you'll want more,do it once and pay a little more so you don't have to do it again,Ask me how I know--NICE CAR,like the color combo--Steve

Another overpriced engine finds it home! :cheers:

so it will be 400 or so to the tires,watch after a couple months you'll want more,do it once and pay a little more so you don't have to do it again,Ask me how I know--NICE CAR,like the color combo--Steve

This motor will make more than enough for the Cuda on the street, my wife is going to drive it (its her car)

My brothers and I have a few other mopars that we play around town with (pics)

My Next build will be a turbo demon / duster... (MRL Built Turbo!)

Attachments

• IMG_3189XXX.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,092
  • DSC027881X.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,067
YOU CAN BUILD A REALLY DECENT MOTOR FOR UNDER $1500!!

Oh, wait a second. I made a mistake, this isn't 1970.

I've heard nothing but good about Mike & MRL. If I can ever scrape up the coin, he's the guy going to build the stroker for my Duster.

Steve

I didn't start this thread to question MRL's credibility, anyone who reads up on his builds and talks to his customers know he's the real deal.

A lot of engine builders can make power and some cheaper than others but Mike spent time with me to understand my goals for power, drive-ability and budget.

Anyways I'm excited and cant wait to see what the dyno tells us.

I didn't start this thread to question MRL's credibility, anyone who reads up on his builds and talks to his customers know he's the real deal.

Another overpriced engine finds it home!

No one is questioning his credibility. The comments are in response to this^^^^^.

I have talked to Mike several times and considered having him build a 408 for me. Now I just need the scratch, lol.

-
Back