New Motorcycle.....

-
That was my brothers first bike. Fun lil'thing it is.

Of course I would contact the crazy cat lady at "Forks by Frank" and get a 1 1/2" drop on the front and go racing RIGHT NOW! lol.

Probably out of your way but if the route fits you can overnite at my place here in Missouri. Keep me posted so i can have some steaks thawed and have MeMike up. The beer is always cold.
Small Block

Now that i'm thinking, you could fly in and pick up the bike and meet us all in St Louis on sept 10-12 for MMW. You'll have a lot of fun. Let me know so we can get ya a room.

1000cc of pure accelation Rob. Calzones from Pasquini's on the way. I finally found some decent Italian food out hee.

This bike is cheaper than therapy and I think I even built that bike 20 years ago. This would be through my old work....

Rob,

1980 KZ1000 B4

Bill,

If I can get Jim from Redline to agree on MY price, I would be in Chitown on tuesday and cruising back wed or thur!

I have to be back in Denver by the 3rd, but I'd make a detour for sure to drop by and say hey. :) Especially if Memike will be there.

You let me know and we'll make it happen. I'll PM MeMike now and have him come up on this thread and let him know that he may have a schedule to deal with. You keep us posted.
Small Block

Nice bike!! Looks in great shape for the year...84??

1980.. !

Looks nice Joe, you know that Air Research makes a Turbo kit for that puppy, at least they used to.

I knew Art Bose personally back in the day. :) This is the man I would go to for a turbo kit if he was still alive... is he? I'll find out when I call Jim Monday morning.

Many of the bikes I built with Jim are still considered the best of the best and two are in museums. :) I never talked about it here really.....This was way before "American Choppers", and bike builders were dirt bags.... Lol, I am adirt bag. :)

You let me know and we'll make it happen. I'll PM MeMike now and have him come up on this thread and let him know that he may have a schedule to deal with. You keep us posted.
Small Block

Done deal, I'll know more Monday... I even still have my magnetic tank bag and a pair of saddles I can throw on the back. I tried to call him tonight with no luck...

That is a great 4 in a row bike you have found Joe =P~=P~
And you know your way around it :happy10: a big plus :thumrigh:
It's hard to find these bikes anymore.:angry7:
Congratulations and I agree it's cheaper then therapy :-D
You just say the word brother :cheers: Bill has a great spread and I would be there.
All I need is a call from Bill :happy10: This would be so cool to finely enjoy a day with you and Bill at the same time
Heck give yourself an extra vacation day 8) I will be well worth it
Make this happen brother!!! we will catch Bill busy and throw some saddle bags on it and take a walk in his field of dreams and look at Duster part's:-D

Great Bike..! awesome engine...8)

I have a 1979 KZ1000, done up Mad Max style

(the fairing in the pic below is the same type as the ones in the first Mad Max movie. I got it in Australia)

guzzimike.jpg

--

Nice classic bike. Here's the KZ1000 I had some years back. Fast bikes for their day. Whatever you do, don't armor all that seat!

Dang ramcharger, when you said you were missing a bike, you weren't joking. Let us know how it goes.

Yall know me, some times it's not the size 8) I enjoyed this bike for over 6 years back in the day :happy10:
A 550FOUR K1977 class supper bike that felt like a two stroke with me on it 145lb's short guy.
I guess it was my favorite bike, Mine came with 4 to one exhaust like in the second picture, but was the same as the first bike

Man Mike, Those are some sweet bikes. I like bikes and i dont care what brand they are. Two wheels are hard to beat.
Small Block

Man Mike, Those are some sweet bikes. I like bikes and i dont care what brand they are. Two wheels are hard to beat.
Small Block

Agreed. This here is my 1979 Moto Guzzi Le Mans (1000cc)

MikeGuzzi2009-1.jpg

CX100seat008.jpg

-

I blowed off a lot of those at the track with my 72 h2 750 kaw. it was ported and jetted by deep south performance in orlando and had homemade chambers with 3 inch stingers,sounded like a mad wasps nest on steroids.The ones i couldnt beat had the 1040 yoshumira kit and 4 in to 1 hookers. i raced a lot cause at 135 pounds i was lethal on a bike. That is sweet with a lot of potential.

Dang Joe! I remember you saying awhile back you liked older Kawasaki bikes. Now you've gone and found one!
Don't forget your brainbucket, gloves, and jacket when you go back to Chitown. Better make sure that's a full-face brainbucket so you'll be able to keep the bugs off of your teeth - that big smile's the sure sign of a happy biker.
You, GuzziMike and I are gonna have to get our old Kawis out and go for a ride sometime! Here's my '79 KZ1000E. Any more FABO members have older Kawis?

684mulas - You're so right about Armorall and bike seats! Did that only once and learned my lesson as soon as I got on the bike!

I blowed off a lot of those at the track with my 72 h2 750 kaw. it was ported and jetted by deep south performance in orlando and had homemade chambers with 3 inch stingers,sounded like a mad wasps nest on steroids.The ones i couldnt beat had the 1040 yoshumira kit and 4 in to 1 hookers. i raced a lot cause at 135 pounds i was lethal on a bike. That is sweet with a lot of potential.

Hey great minds think alike, I used to run one of these (not mine but nice picture) but with expansion chambers,head and port work. F@@king thing tried killing me on more than one occasion.

-
Back