New Motorcycle.....

-
Work wants me to hang around Denver damn it. I'm on vacation for crying out loud. Jim knocked 500 bucks off the price for me too, complete and ready to go with an AGM battery. It looks as though this plan will have to wait until spring when I have more time off and I arrange it with work. He's always got bikes for sale and specializes in old kaws. Good things happen to those that wait though and pateince is an asset. It WILL happen, just not this week....... Crap.

Nice bike !! looks to be in great shape . I still have my 1974 750 triple , it sits in my house . here is a pic . Have a header for it as well . Stay safe !
750.jpg

I had broke out my box of gear:

Leather Chaps
Heavy leather jacket,
Helmet
Leather gloves
Saddle bags
etc.

I was ready to roll dammit.

Not to worry , I looked and waited 35 years to find my Dart , I'm sure the right bike will be yours soon .

Glad to hear you are able to get back in the saddle (literally.) Too many people set their dreams aside...glad you're not....don't put it off much longer. Riding a bike like that is almost like human flight:cheers:

It will be a great day to wait for Joe, who know's I may find me a Bike that fits me this winter I keep see commercials on bikes stating that it's great to get out on the road and just ride Drives me crazy for one again
I hope you get to enjoy you vacation and your phone don't ring
I drove a friends Eddy Lawsone replica 1100 I think, it was green and man it screamed around corners all by it's self , Enjoy brother :cheers::cheers:

That looks like a fun bike Joe. I had a 77 KZ 650 with drag bars and set up for the drag strip. That one was a fun bike. I also had a 79 LTD 550, didn't like that bike so much so I went to look at a 79 KZ1000 that had a lengthened swingarm and was also set up for racing. That thing was WAY too much bike for me so I passes. Probably would have been dead if I had bought it but I still wish I had.

Uh oh.... I just found one of these for sale 50 miles away.... $500 cheaper than than old kaw....

I used to ride an old Kawi ZL600. that was a sweet little bike. I'd like to get another one some day (maybe the bigger motor version) but for now I'm riding Moto Guzzi. 8) GuzziMike, I had a 2002 LeMans V11.
DSC01354.sized.jpg

What a blast! I traded it for a Bassa though.

One thing is for sure. Back in the '80s Kawasaki made some _BAD_ fricking machines. Some really unbelievable bikes. Now a days when I want to try to kill myself on an old Kawasaki I do it with one of these:

DSC02160.jpg

I absolutely love to see people keeping these older bikes and machines going. It's a passion for sure. I guess it's not surprising how much overlap there is with the classic car hobby.

Uh oh.... I just found one of these for sale 50 miles away.... $500 cheaper than than old kaw....

Well, that'll keep you in the Denver area! Gonna tow your tent-trailer with it? Or get a pair of sidecars for the pups? LOL.

Well, that'll keep you in the Denver area! Gonna tow your tent-trailer with it? Or get a pair of sidecars for the pups? LOL.

Saddle crates? :toothy10:

Still waiting to hear from the guy. It may well be sold.

My best buddy has the same bike...kawi green...its his daily driver...over 75000 miles...looks almost new....

great bike...real good bike for bigger guys too...nice seating position....nice power band... you will love it!

aloha Mike

I used to ride an old Kawi ZL600. that was a sweet little bike. I'd like to get another one some day (maybe the bigger motor version) but for now I'm riding Moto Guzzi. 8) GuzziMike, I had a 2002 LeMans V11.
DSC01354.sized.jpg

What a blast! I traded it for a Bassa though. < snip >

I absolutely love to see people keeping these older bikes and machines going. It's a passion for sure. I guess it's not surprising how much overlap there is with the classic car hobby.

Bassas are cool, but those V11 Le Mans - Oh, Man..!

I test rode the first V11 Sport that came to the USA...! It was one of the Green Ones, with Red Frame. Like this one:

122_0010_01_z+moto_guzzi_v11_sport+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

The shop where I get my Guzzi CX100 serviced used to set up the Moto Guzzis for the Moto Mags test ride and evaluations...(Cycle World, Sport Bike, etc..) and the owner of the shop, a real cool guy I had been friends with for a while, said to me: " Look the bike is in great shape, I just un-crated it and tuned it up. Why don't you take it around for a spin and tell me how it feels, or if I should do anything else to it.."

I was stunned, overwhelmed and honored..and a little blown away, so I asked: " Are YOU Sure you want me to do this, to ride it BEFORE the Magazine writers..???" "

And he said: "Yup, I want you to ride it and tell me what you think of it before those Magazine Winnies trash the bike"..

And so I did , I rode it in some local back street twisties to get the feel of the bike, suspension damping, handling, accel / decel, etc..and then I got on the Freeway (405) and put the hammer down - Holy shiite it was fast for a Guzzi..! I got it to (allegedly) +130 MPH real quick and then I tried the Brembo Gold Four Piston Brakes..HOLLYY FUKKEN SHYYT..!!!! Those brakes are BAAD ***..!! My eyeballs popped outta my face I decelerated so hard...

WOW..! I had never experienced such an overwhelmingly fast, violent yet controlled slowing of a motorcyle down from Buck thiry..Not even in a Gixxer 1000R with its six pot Tokikos (or Nissins...)

Those Brembos ROCK..! No wonder the Japanese factory teams use them for their racing bikes..

I have Brembos on my Le Mans, but they are Single pot, early 1970s vintage..They do a good job, but not like the new Calipers..not even close.

Anyhow, I returned the bike and complained about an annoying vibration around 3000 -4000 RPM felt at the handlebars..It felt like someone was hitting the palms of my hands with a broomstick about once per second and kinda hard..Hard enough to be a PITA.

And that's why I passed on getting one of the new V11 Sports..

But, man they are Beautiful..! especially the V11 Le Mans....

I heard one of those at the shop mentioned earlier and the bike was retrofitted with a Termigioni exhaust system and it had to be the best sounding bike ever (for me)...

Re: The Kawis..I got into them when I first heard a Kaw 9 hauling *** on Firestone Blvd right in front of my High School one week before Summer Vacation. I'm looking at and daydreaming about Cindy Claussen in her cheerleader outfit in 10th Grade Chemistry Class and this Kawi goes by at full throttle with a KERKER 4 >1 Exhaust System..

DAYUMMM..!!!! That was awesome. 8) 8)

Forget Cindy Claussen...I had to get me one of them KAWIS.. :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

That one bike, that One pass got me hooked on bikes...This was in 1973..

I have been fooked in the head for bikes ever since...

Even broke up an engagement over the issue of riding motocycles.

Hey, Ya know how it is..:snakeman:

BTW, The Guzzi shop owner is a classic MOPAR dude too, he has two 63 or 64 Valiants. He races on of them, It's a Slant 6 that does 11's in the quarter. His name is Mark Etheridge.

Curiosly, I know 3 other guys with Guzzis who also have Muscle Cars. My friend Bill here in SoCal. has a '63 Falcon all hot rodded and another guys has a vintage Mustang and a guy named Tom has a '68 El Camino with a big block 396..so yeah, you are right...There seems to be a lot of overlap with Guzzi guys and Muscle Cars.

Overlap with Guns too.

Bill is a gun nut who also made himself a Cannon. Damn thing shoots empty beer cans filled with concrete as ammo. Bill claims he can hit a shithouse from 1/3 mile way. I believe him..

This youtube vid shows Bill shooting his cannon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2es2agbz7rc"]YouTube- Overkill Bill's Cannon - First Shot[/ame]

--8)--

Curiosly, I know 3 other guys with Guzzis who also have Muscle Cars. My friend Bill here in SoCal. has a '63 Falcon all hot rodded and another guys has a vintage Mustang and a guy named Tom has a '68 El Camino with a big block 396..so yeah, you are right...There seems to be a lot of overlap with Guzzi guys and Muscle Cars.

Since it doesn't look as if anyone minds getting a little off topic of ramcharger's Kaw hunt, I figured I would add to the Guzzi (Gootzie) pictures. I was into the 70s Italian bikes for a while.

The V7 had been sitting in a shed since the early 70s. I did tires, fluids and a tune, kept it for a year of two then sent it on to the next guy. I rode that Darmah for a long while. Between the Desmo engine and Conti pipes, it made the most beautiful noises.

Awesome bikes, both...

I am currently trying to find wheels like the ones on your Ducati for my CX100.

MAGNI in Italy has a set of EPM Magnesium wheels, but they are like $2700 for the set...(YIKES..!)

060126_0013.JPG

http://www.magni.it/epm_6_razze.htm

---

Going off on an Italian bike tangent doesn't bother me one whit. I would love to get one of these !!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:=P~=P~=P~

There is nothing like the sound of an Italian v-twin at 7000 rpm through some nice pipes. I had Conti's on my Alazzura and the sound from that engine did something to me deep inside. Thanks guys, I've changed my mind and I'll be on a winter long search for another Ducati, lol. They can be tempermental beasts, like a beautiful woman they can be fussy and won't always do what you want them to. Having an older Duc is like being married to a model. You are constantly worried about leaving it alone, you can't stop thinking about it, all you want to do is ride it (even for a lunch time quickie), it will be very picky about what it eats and it will demand all of your attention. :) It's worth it though.....

Any of you who have adjusted desmodromic valves, had to constantly remove the oxidation from those bosch VW fuses or jetted a set of Dellorto carbs will know exactly what I'm talking about.

i have a set of those epm wheels , brand new never used , the gold ones . have cast iron brembo disks on them. Bought them off north American distributor for Ducati , laverda , Bimota and Guzzi . must have been 1983

I'd take that bike over a harley any day! Not much on import cars, but I
grew up on Kawie's. The exhaust sound is awsome. Would love a old KZ 900.

Any of you who have adjusted desmodromic valves, had to constantly remove the oxidation from those bosch VW fuses or jetted a set of Dellorto carbs will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh -Yeah......I know all about that....:toothy10:

36mm Pumpers on my CX100..

CX100seat004.jpg

--

Yeah... The LeMans was an amazing bike to ride. Totally balanced, power all day long, and yeah... she'd stop on a dime and give you a nickel back. If you look at the front tire in that picture you can see why I got rid of it. Something was not right with that bike. It had horrible vibration problems. The 45 mile ride to work would be enough for my hands to go numb. The instrument cluster blew apart its vibration insulators. Everything on the bike that had rubber bushings for vibration dampening popped apart at one time or another. We could never figure out what was wrong with it. The guy who ended up with it was willing to take a chance and try to sort it out. My understanding is he fixed it and has put several thousand miles on it since he got it. Good! That bike is like a race horse. It _NEEDS_ to go out and run as often as possible. ;-)

The worst part about the brembo setup is those floating disks. They warp quick and leave you with a weird lope in the front end. You can abuse them but then you have to give them a chance to cool down while moving or else the rotors are done.

I've loved both my modern Guzzis with their fuel injection and electronic ignition. Practically worry free. You still have to get used to the standard Guzzi top end noise and clutch chatter though. No matter how nice my bassa looks, the harley guys are always just SURE that it's about to explode.

Ahhh... The sweet sweet sound of the Moto Guzzi Symphony....

The worst part about the brembo setup is those floating disks. They warp quick and leave you with a weird lope in the front end. You can abuse them but then you have to give them a chance to cool down while moving or else the rotors are done.

I've loved both my modern Guzzis with their fuel injection and electronic ignition. Practically worry free. You still have to get used to the standard Guzzi top end noise and clutch chatter though. No matter how nice my bassa looks, the harley guys are always just SURE that it's about to explode.

Ahhh... The sweet sweet sound of the Moto Guzzi Symphony....

Yes, I heard about the warping SS disks..

My old Goose has the Medieval Iron Disks. They don't warp even if ya hit them with a ballpeen hammer..:toothy10:

I use EBC / HH pads. They are GOOD. I would recommend them for any bike.

And yes, my Moto Guzzi snorts and farts and the dry clutch makes that "Ducati" cacophony that sounds as if you threw in some Teaspoons into a Garbage disposal, but I Love it... 8)

And the handling of the Tonti Frame is superb. I've had my CX100 on Race Tracks on Track Days and I can stay up with modern sportbikes in the tight stuff. They do blow by me on the straights....

And it really shines in the Sweepers and curves in the mountain roads we have here in SoCal..

Somewhere I have a video of a Hayabusa chasing my bike in the Hills above Los Angeles...

Found it.

http://www.guzzitech.com/socal/acebosquidkiller.wmv

--

traded my 1971 750 ambassador for a pocket full of cash and a beat up ugly1975 850 interceptor, I plan to cafe it something like a V7 sport

-
Back