New Musclecar Museum in Alabama

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
There is a NEW museum in Alexander City, Alabama. Welborn's Musclecar Museum is now open. It contains more than 50 early 70's Mopars, most of which are Hemi Cars! Absolutely stunning!

Hay bamacuda, what are the hours, I am not far from there, Where in Alex. city is it?

I think I've heard of a guy in bama that has a whole bunch of hemis. I forget what model car but I'm pretty sure I remember his goal was to own 1 of every color hemi something (maybe cuda?) ever produced. I forget where I heard it but I'm pretty sure I heard it. I wonder if it was him? You should try and get some pics or does he have a site?

His name is Tim Welborn (sp), and him and his wife Pam have been featured in all the Mope mags over the last few years. He is a 71 Hemi Charger freak, and has an impressive collection of them. Love to see them in person!

Grant

Correct oneofmany. He has a bunch of 71 Hemi Chargers! He has some cool winged racing cars, too. Lots of other stuff as well! The website is not up yet, still under construction. It is located just across the tracks in old downtown. Turn off of US 280 at the intersection by the Tall Water Tower. Tim is a really great guy and has a staf that can take you on a tour. EYE CANDY out the wazzou!

pappabear, the hours are regular business hours like 9 to 5 or similar. Let me know when you would like to go, I am planning a return trip soon with my preacher, who is a big mopar fan!

Several of my Mopar friends have been there and LOVED it! Our club (North Georgia Mopar Club) is planning a cruise over there from Atlanta (Summit Racing in McDonough) on June 12th. Anyone close by is welcome to join us.

Thats what it was. Chargers. Man I really want to see this place now haha. My sis lives in Anderson Sc. Maybe if when we are down there me and my dad might make the long drive on over. most likely if he has some sort of big mopar car show though. Like the one at the Year one plant, We almost went to that.

It's only 30 min. from me, I haven't been yet but me and my good buddy talk to the guy that owns it all the time. He wants to buy my buddy's 1970 roadrunner sublime green 440 car for the museum but he hasn't offered him a price yet either. I want to go sometime soon though!

-
Back