New Personal Best

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
We were getting faster with every pass the other night until the starter decided to act up and it ended our night after 4 passes. There's definetly a few tenths left in it with some more tire pressure and we haven't even made a shock adjustment yet. There was also a 20mph head wind that didn't help the mph at all. The car is an all steel 74 Dart pump gas street car with Super Stock leaf springs. Weighs 3,700 lbs with me in it. This was on a 28x10.5w stiff sidewall M/T drag slick.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Man that is gittin with it! Congrats!

did you trip the 60 ft with your rear tires?

did you trip the 60 ft with your rear tires?

No, I don't believe so. I'm going to back half and 4 link the car this winter. The leaf springs aren't the most consistent and I'd like to also cut some weight out of the car. It's a heavy pig.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Yea man, I read that weight and was surprised at it. My eyes popped a little at reading that number.

But yet you got that car moving right well and quick. Nice! Good job!
Looking forward to updates.
Do you have an engine build thread and did you post it up in the drag race ring section under the 9second zone how to thread?

Thank you very much. I do have an engine build thread on here in the race section. Just to recap, the motor was built by a local engine builder that has built my last few engines. Motor Masters in Hartford WI. They are amazing guys to deal with. Its an aluminum Indy block. 572ci. 11/1 compression. .830 lift solid roller. Single 4bbl. Made 943hp and 777tq on the engine Dyno on 93 octane pump gas. The Trans is a Reid cased TH400 with a 5,000 stall. I may have the converter loosened up a bit as it could have used some more stall the other night. Most people will read the combination and say that it can't be streetable but the car drives so docile and calm down the road. I have over 3,000 street miles on it this summer so far.

Wow nice run, it must be really a thrill to run that fast. In your discussion on the street, I envision you at a stoplight with a couple of guys in a fart canned Honda next to you eyeballing the chute on the back of your Dart and wondering what that is for!

Just an update, I pulled the trans and am having the converter loosened up. It was too tight the way it was and we believe that is why the mph is low. Hopefully it'll get in the low 9's and in the low to mid 140's now. We will find out in a couple weeks.

image.jpg

-
Back