New pest here . . . .

-

AMC PackRat

Kind of a mopar guy. ;-)
Reaction score
Yup, somebody had to tell me about this place so I decided to join up. :smile: There's probably a few guys here that might know me from car shows and swap meets but I'm kinda out in the middle of nowhere in Northern, Ill. I do swap at most of the Chicagoland Mopar Connection shows (although not an actual member) and have had at least one Mopar around since about 1973. I've had a few Dusters and Demons, a Roadrunner, Coronet, 'Cuda, Aspen, and even a couple C bodies, and a few trucks and vans along the way, too. :roll: I few years back I sold the 68 Coronet and the 71 'Cuda and kinda changed over to AMC - mainly because I like their styling and couldn't afford parts for the Mopars I had. :| I do still have a couple of Shelby Dakotas and an old Cherokee I'm trying to get 300 thousand miles rung up on so I guess I'm still into Mopars somewhat. ;-) Lately I've been kicking around the idea of finding an old A or B body cheap (yeah, I know) :rolleyes: so I can get back into the Mopar thing. Plus I really gotta do something with all this Mopar junk I have laying around since I got rid of the cars. I like the smileys here, too - most of those AMC foums can't afford them. :tongue5:

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. Always liked the 2-seater AMX's, but got into '69 Darts and decided to stay. You're going to have fun here.

Someone call pest control.

Somebody must know me. :pirate:

I do have a few AMCs, too. ;-)

69 AMX 390 4 speed

70 Donohue Javelin

73 Ambassador 2 door

All are projects - I've never been much of a concours collector/investor type of guy. :tongue3:

Welcome;always nice to see more victims/motorheads/collectors/show-swap meet guys.

Always wanted an AMX. My Grandfather put AMCs together for 30 years. All of my family came from Kenosha. My aunt who was a french teacher even worked for Renault as a translator in Kenosha when they owned AMC. I almost bought a 69 AMX then a 68 Rebel machine as my first car. Ended up with a 68 Plymouth Fury wagon instead and now I am here 25 years later with an A body wagon.

Well good to have you, the people here are the best in the world, we have em from all over.

Enjoy and welcome

Tim

welcome one day I will own a REBEL MACHINE :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10: :love10:

Attachments

• amcrebelmachine.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 207
I like wagons, too - I had a 72 Fury III I called the "space shuttle" - actually got it airborne once. :shock:

What's with all the Canucks, anyway ??? I thought I left 'em all over on the Station Wagon forum. :tongue10:

Machines are KOOL - I like the streached wheelbase on my Ambo, though. Plus, I don't have to wash it very often. ;-)

Station wagon forum LOL .......

You're gonna fit in around here perfectly! Glad to have you aboard PackRat. Enjoy your stay and don't be shy with the car ****. :-D

Ooooooo CudaChick - nice handle. :love7: I always liked A body Cuda's from 67-69. ;-)

Here's a little car **** - the "Ratmobile" is in my sig - 73 Ambo with a 69 front end treatment. My Donohue - should have it running next year with a 360 4 barrel, AW4 Jeep OD trans, and a Dana 20 with 3.91s. 8-) If you look real hard - the white Shelby Dakota is in the garage. My Jeep - they put up with me at the station wagon forum because of this one because it's 2 WD :???: - only has 290k for mileage. The 69 AMX - no rust but it got rode hard and put away wet - that one's getting a full resto - a little at a time . . . . :sad7:

Oh yeah - you can just see the red Shelby I have hidden in the neighbor's car port in the first pic. I guess you guys can tell I'm really a PackRat now, huh ??? :iconbigg:

Attachments

• 000_5579.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 000_5659.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 000_5193.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 000_5309.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 202
Actually you're really well organized for a pack rat, and I don't blame you one little bit for hanging on to all of them. I didn't see a 'cookie cutter' car in the whole stable! But dooooo tell us how you talked your neighbor into helping out with your addiction ... quite a few of us would have more projects if it weren't for lack of room (or non-understanding significant other lol).

Thanks for all the great pics! Seeing more wouldn't hurt my feelings. :-D

Well . . . . it's kind of a weird deal on the car port. :roll: I own my place but next door is a rental and we have to share the large driveway. The landlord lives in the Chicago burbs and doesn't get out here much so I told him I'd mow his lawn and keep the snow off the driveway if I could use the car port. :iconbigg: Works for me - I said I just wanted to put the Shelby in there but over time a lot of 55 Desoto parts, a couple 727s, and enough wood to add an 8' x 22' addition onto my garage got slipped in there somehow. :dontknow:

Here's another pic of the 'Hue - I meant to say I hope to get it running this year (forgot what month it was). :tongue5: Notice it at least has Mopar factory wheels on it. ;-) The other car is a 68 that I'm hacking up this spring cause I never got the title for it (it's got Mopar Rallyes on it, too). Once it's gone, I might be in the market for an A body project. :thumleft:

Attachments

• 000_5661.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 178
Welcome to FABO! I owned 2 Gremlins. 1 had a 401 squeezed into it. It was crazy fast and a handful! I owned it just long enough to put a new radiator in it and sell it. It may have been the ugliest car on the planet, brown with a silver-ish blue interior and tan carpet. The other was a straight 6. I cut the second one in half behind the doors and welded a long bar and suports to the axle, I still use it as a firewood trailer to pull behind the tractor!!! See, Grims are useful.

amc packrat, howdy, glad you made it. like i said, you will have lots of things happening here. here is me! don't sell my bumper yet, ill be watching for the pics.:)

Oh, those Javalins look great without the front fender bulge! That's the first one I've seen like that - really like it!

Thanks, guys - send me a pic of that wood hauler - I'll post it over on the AMC forums just to get em riled up. :evil4:

Working o the pics, Mike - thanks for telling me about this place - it looks like it's gonna fun here. :thumleft:

My first car was a 1970 Ambassador SST two door with the 360. Hated it at the time, now I wish I would have never sold it.. :banghead:

Here's a pic of my low-buck 360 for the Donohue. I call it the "Joe Dirt 360" (really :tongue3:). Used 70 shortblock (50k) with 9-1 compression, used 70 (2K) high compression heads, slightly used Crane .480 lift cam, Hooker 1 3/4" headers, used fairly rare Edelbrock R4B intake, used 750 Vacuum secondary Holley. Just posted this so some of you guys can tell AMC made their own engines - lot of folks think AMC bought their 360s from Mopar or Ford. :banghead:

Wut happened to the Canuks, anyways - they razzed the hell out of me like I was a red-headed step child when I signed up over on the station wagon forum. :poke:

Attachments

• 000_5361.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 110
Well Rat, we're not like those "other" forums. We want you here. :-D (But ya better watch out with those redhead comments LOL!)

Great pics!!!

-
Back