new possible home project..

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
we are setting our spare room up so its still a functional bedroom with a murphy style bed and jamie needs a desk to work on when needed. i picked this tailgate up today and figure i can get a murphy desk made out of it. its super clean so if i ever need it for my express truck it is coming off the wall...lol.. i just have to find someone to build it for me. i have no wood working tools and i'm not a very good wood worker so i'd rather pay someone to do it right and do it nice...

51922823_10156476694644862_8967715036273311744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

So you want to use the bottom ID as the hinge and something like Oak plywood as the desk top and 2 fold up legs when not in use? Or 1/4 in Plexiglas so you can see the tailgate?

want to do something like this.. would like it framed out though and finished looking. unless i see an idea i like better.

7699866b0daeb970b0a40048b90bb76c.jpg

I like it ! Maybe have the
I like it ! Maybe have the back framed deep enough (6") so storage pockets can be made/ used when tailgate is down. Gas shocks from a topper could be an alternative if needed. Maybe call a local trimmer/ carpenter . I have a couple trim buddies that love doing custom projects for cash and the bragging rights come Monday morning coffee breaks. Great idea, keep us informed pls!

So the pivots are just NPT elbows, flanges, and nipples. I like it, then it comes down to mounting them and the chain attachment. Nice.

I like it ! Maybe have the

I like it ! Maybe have the back framed deep enough (6") so storage pockets can be made/ used when tailgate is down. Gas shocks from a topper could be an alternative if needed. Maybe call a local trimmer/ carpenter . I have a couple trim buddies that love doing custom projects for cash and the bragging rights come Monday morning coffee breaks. Great idea, keep us informed pls!

yea it would have to be deep enough to hold a mounted monitor with the gate up.. just don't want it too deep.. i'll have to measure this stuff up..

Just back your LRE through the wall and be done with it. Sheesh, stop tying up the forums; you're wasting space for FMJ spindle and green bearing arguments.

That would be really cool, but as much junk as I would get on a desk, it would never get folded up LOL

Id find some bed side rails to cut as sides so you can shut it and latch like OE.

Last edited:
Neat idea Joe! It’s gonna look great!

Id find some bed side rails to cut as sides so you can shut it and latch like OE.
I wanna do something like this but mounted lower on the wall and put padding on the bed side of the tailgate to use it as a bench when it’s open.

-
Back