New project and she's heavy

-

thedartsport

Reaction score
Just picked up a land barge as my newest project: A 1965 Chrysler Newport with A/C, power steering, power brakes, and cruise control. Just about everything works on this car. Even the original radio! I know it's a C body but figured you guys might appreciate an interesting Mopar.

Attachments

• IMG_4947.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_4950.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_4961.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 350
great car ,my father had 1 ,hope to have 0ne as well one day

A sled ride with class, its going to ride smooth.

My mom had a 67 circa 1974 I LOVED that car !

A friend let me drive his 65 Newport back in the day - always did like his car!

I was amazed by how original and intact this car is. All 4 hubcaps looked basically new, every piece of the jack was in the trunk including some older paperwork. Also on the inside of the glove box it has the original delivery date of the car to the dealership it was sold to as well as service dates with mileage.

Beautiful car, I love how every piece is sculpted and integrated into a flowing design. They are built so solid, too.

Thanks everyone. And Pentastarnut it's just over 4,000 lbs. It was bigger than the truck pulling it.

I had a 65 Newport two door. Wish I still had it.:burnout:MT

And I bet the Dash pad is uncracked. I never saw a newport that year with a cracked dash pad. :burnout: MT

Very cool, would love to have one. Also very cool to see you're saving it and not just robbing it of its drivetrain and then crushing it.

Cool ride. I've got a '69 300 and a '66 Imperial Crown Sedan. The Imp's no lightweight.

When it comes to Mopars I love seeing them all .C Boats are great cruisers. Nice score !

I actually dig 4 door mopars,having driven a 4 door cop Caravelle for a few years. Those big cars are at their best on the highways. I have a friend who owns a 70 New Yorker,complete car with fender skirts and a 440. I would love to take it off his hands. That car is full on mobster,black on black,leather interior,power everything and the AC works.

Neighbor just bought a 66 New Yorker power everything including wing windows he is 3rd owner car is nice has wire wheels and very little rust

The plan for this car is to get it mechanically sound and drive it exactly the way it is (with the exception of lowering it). I've wanted a 4 door Mopar for a while now so this one was too good to pass up. I'm glad you all can appreciate a cool C body they're somewhat overlooked. I missed out on the chance for a pristine '72 Imperial so I snatched this one up while I had the chance.

-
Back