New project woo hoo

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
I just started a new duster project for me and am pretty excited about it. Anyways it a 74 duster body /6 auto car. It needs a little bit of body work pretty minimal considering some Ive seen. Its originally b5 blue which until I got a pint of paint to do the engine bay didnt know there was two b5 blue and early one and then a darker later one which I used, first time I ever painted with a gun and I think it turned out well. After building and constantly working on my dads mopars I wanted to build myself another one so I traded him a motor/tranny out of one of my stangs (victor jr headed 351w/new c-4 w/brake) for this body,another body for parts and the drivetrain and all misc nuts bolts to make it a driver which I thought was ok. and two 883s one overdrive one not, and an 8 1/4 with and auburn in it.
The 360 runs great and we've had it a while went 14teens with a stock 904 and 3.91s in a scamp we had it in yrs ago w/small drag radials. I got the high back buckets that r in it and a set of new ACR seats (cheap race looking seats) and almost a complete black interior(need a new headliner) a cool stock radiator and a bunch of other stuff and hes buying me the stuff to paint it which is a bit of money too plus its family and he said the deal isnt done til the car is complete and Im happy with it which I thought was really cool. Im just gonna build a fun driver out of it Im gonna put a small xtreme energy cam in it( like the 262 maybe the 268 but it dunno how itll work with stock 360 w/headers), the cast iron 4bbl intake thats on it til i get something better a 750 holley a friend built for me and a small plate kit I just traded some other parts I had laying around for. Thats combo with a 4spd and the rear with 3.91s should be fun. Prob wont be actually raced at the strip to see what it'll run then just a driver/support rig when we have the other cars (read the fast ones lol) and just general cruising. I dont know what stripe kit thats going on it as its wont be a nubers matching anything so I can do what I want with it as far as stripe kit. Had a half vinyl top which isnt going back on neither are the pcs that went on the rocker panels. i have a good grill for it and Im gonna put 295-50-15s in back and something kind skinny(not pizza cutter) up front maybe 14in up front we will see what I find I like. Its a long ways from being done hopefully by summer itll drive under its own power I just need to get a clutch. Heres a cpl pics of my new junk lol.
031009_14381.jpg

031009_14371.jpg

Ill post more as I make progress. I have an exhaust system thatll bolt right up to it, its dumped right now but Im gonna put tailpipes on it with cool factory tips hopefully.
Marvin

Cool project..Here,s mine,it,s a 73 Dart Sport 340,TB3,4 speed with 4.10,s,stroked 372(452hp)She,s alot of fun to drive,she loves to dance on the street!Good luck with yours!

OCT 08 006.jpg

MT.NEMO.JPG

mt.nemo 4.JPG

May 2007 034.jpg

Thats a reall nice car pettybludart, mines a ways away from there but it'll be nice when I'm done with it. Im most concerned about making the interior nice. What heads are you running on that stroker? I have a 340 block but its allready 030 over and had been run yrs ago so Id want to have it checked out before I went any further with it and have thought about building a stroker motor when funds allow but who knows. I dont want to build this into anything crazy that I have to mess with all the time, I do alot of work on my dads cars and that keeps me as busy as we are always trying different things on all four done cars(we just fired up a 5th scamp/383) its alot to keep track of so this one will prob end up pretty mellow.
Restud043,
Let me make sure I still have them, if I do Ill pm you with some pics. I hope the car turns out allright. A friend of mine has a set of old toqrue thrusts I might be able to deal for they're 14s but they are better than thr steel wheels I have now and would work til I got the wheel and tires I want. It almost got an automatic but I just couldnt do it lol every hotrod I've ever had has been a stick and this will be too I cant help it lol.
Thanks,
Marvin

Thats a reall nice car pettybludart, mines a ways away from there but it'll be nice when I'm done with it. Im most concerned about making the interior nice. What heads are you running on that stroker? I have a 340 block but its allready 030 over and had been run yrs ago so Id want to have it checked out before I went any further with it and have thought about building a stroker motor when funds allow but who knows. I dont want to build this into anything crazy that I have to mess with all the time, I do alot of work on my dads cars and that keeps me as busy as we are always trying different things on all four done cars(we just fired up a 5th scamp/383) its alot to keep track of so this one will prob end up pretty mellow.
Restud043,
Let me make sure I still have them, if I do Ill pm you with some pics. I hope the car turns out allright. A friend of mine has a set of old toqrue thrusts I might be able to deal for they're 14s but they are better than thr steel wheels I have now and would work til I got the wheel and tires I want. It almost got an automatic but I just couldnt do it lol every hotrod I've ever had has been a stick and this will be too I cant help it lol.
Thanks,
Marvin
They,re 69 X heads,ported and polished.It,s a small stroke(cheaper)372,but she pumps out 452 ponies!Yee Ha!

Looks good!

Blues a good color :-D

Does your dad have a 68 orange 2 door post Dart? Part of "Womenator" racing?

-nick

Yea, the 68 post(womanator) is our race car, we have a 67 gt street car with a 6in cowl hood on it, the yellow duster with flames on it, and a 67 charger(all BB cars) are the cars that are pretty much done cept for the fine tuning. We just fired up a scamp w/383, need to put the accesories on it and get a driveshaft for it and its bout done, we stay pretty busy with the cars.
Marvin Jr.

I really like the 67. Beautiful car.

I also like the "parts car" race car. :D

-nick

Yea, when we bought the 67 gt it was red and a cpl different colors of primer on it and was slant6/auto 4whl drums. When we drove it home we parked it in the right side of our driveway and my 74 swinger that allready had a bb swap I had done to it. We took the engine ,transmission,rearend all the rear suspension, and the front k-frame and all the front suspension and brakes(disks) out of each car and swapped them. We drove both cars into the driveway and 12hrs later drove them both out, was quite the wrenching session. dunno what the gt is gonna run when its all sorted out last yr with the motor we have in it now(stock stroke 440,performer RPMs,flat tops,mp solid cam,auto,w 4.30s)only made two passes an 11.05, and an 11.02 on pump gas and hadnt really messed with anything yet. I think it's gonna run pretty good. After the tune is pretty well squared away we have a plate kit on it with that zex perimeter plate we're gonna prob end up running a 200 shot on it as well. Its a liscenced, registered, and insured street car all steel but the hood. Theres been alot of work put into that car since we started it and its starting to come around. That duster really is built out of spare parts we've accumilated over the yrs from all our projects and runs better than it should for what its got.
Thanks for the compliments
Marvin

Nice project gearjammer340:cheers:......Are u interested in selling your rocker mouldings? I'm lookin' for a pair\\:D/

A buddy of mine was looking for a set for his '67 Barracuda, couldn't find them. He got looking at a '67 or '68 Camaro at a car show one day and realized the rocker strips were not only really close in length and appearance, but they're repopped and cheap! He got a set and it turned out nice....might be worth looking into...

Well, Ive got the motor tranny rearend and exhaust in it in the last cpl days im gonna wire up the ignition in it tomorrow(msd 6al and an accel coil) and fire it up. My photobucket is screwed up but I should have it fixxed tomorrow and I'll post up some pics. I havent done any more on the body waiting for funds to accumilate but it'll move under its own power tomorrow by noon I hope. This is the first small block a-body I've done as Ive allways done big blocks. But man there room everywhere I love it I can get to everything I think I'm liking how easy everything is to get to on this car,think I'll keep it a small block. Maybe later on down the line I'll build a stroker for it and keep it mild but hopefully tons of torque in a small pkg. I'm keeping the wiring as far out of site as I can so far but we'll see how it turns out tomorrow, Ive got to get it out of the garage so I can put the race car in and make sure everything is ok for the arm drop live thing we r doing the 4th of july. Anyways I'll get some pics up asap.
Jr.

Fixxed the photobucket prob, sorry for the bad quality all I have is the camera on my cell. Heres where I'm at so far,I'll redo the fuel line as it was bent to go around an A/C pump that'll just take a minute tomorrow no biggie. Ill post some more pics tomorrow.
Jr.
062009_18481.jpg

Little more done,still trying to figure out where I want everything to make it as a clean install as possible. All those wires will be out of site when I'm done tomorrow.
Jr
062109_21251.jpg

cpl days ago this is as far as I was
050309_17291.jpg

Thanks, yea, I've been busy the last cpl days. I'm thinking about putting the 6al behind the firewall about under where the wiper motor is dunno yet,maybe the coil too but I dont know what I'll do about getting the coil wire through the firewall( I dont like cutting extra holes in the firewall and that coil is huge but we have had good luck with them) the starter relay in going under the brake cylinder and all the wires from that running forward will be really low on the innerfenderwell(bout where the framrail meets the inner fenderwell,then under the battery tray then up and through the hole its supposed too unless something pops out in front of me to make it better. I really dont like wiring cluttering up my engine bay. After we r done with the arm drop thing I might put it back in the garage and eliminate all the old unneeded wiring from the stock ignition and shorten everything else and really make it pretty. The voltage regulator is gonna be out of site too.
Thanks again,
Jr

Cool, I'll get one after this weekend. Have the race car in the garage now getting it ready for this weekend.
Thanks,
Jr
062709_14591.jpg

:)
The fingerprints on the valvecovers will off in about 10 mins lol

Well, things have changed direction a little I just built this and am in the middle of accumilating parts the rest of the parts for a 4spd swap,(thanks lo234me for the help with finding the BB 4 spd parts I need) Motor is a 383 ,10-1,xtreme energy 268,torker intake, has an edelbrock carb for now, I'm having a holley carb built for this engine now. gonna run 4.10s behind it with a 4spd and an od unit and a small shot(150):snakeman:. I know I said how happy I was with how the access was with the sb but I just can help myself lol.
Jr.
1204091858.jpg

-
Back