New Project

-
Or it was removed already? Lol
Flip down the glove box door and see if the ABS module is sitting there plugged in on top of the heater box.

20240407_104354.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

I’m enjoying this thread Kevin and your videos out on your channel.

I sure miss Marshall the big white dog though. He was awesome!! :thumbsup:

I’m enjoying this thread Kevin and your videos out on your channel.

I sure miss Marshall the big white dog though. He was awesome!! :thumbsup:
Thank you! I appreciate that. Im glad you enjoy them. Yea I miss Marshall too he was my buddy. He was a painful too loose.

Ok a little more progress done yesterday. I finished getting the wheel Spacers off. Inspected the front end. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I am gonna go ahead replace the steering hardware. And the "oversized coil springs. And new bushings in the suspension. I did drive it down the road to check for tire clearance without the wheels spacers and it's pulling to the left even worse now. So something is most definitely going on. Could be the obviously bad tires and alignment. I can't find any "bad" tierods or obviously bad ball joints. But I'll replace them all anyway. I can't decide on whether to lower it or leave it as is. I kinda like the ride height. With some shorter tires and 2wd coil springs it will set a little lower anyway.

Last edited:
Ok a little more progress done yesterday. I finished getting the wheel Spacers off. Inspected the front end. It was as bad as I thought it would be. I am gonna go ahead replace the steering hardware. And the "oversized coil springs. And new bushings in the suspension. I did drive it down the road to check for tire clearance without the wheels spacers and it's pulling to the left even worse now. So something is most definitely going on. Could be the obviously bad tires and alignment. I can't find any "bad" tierods or obviously bad ball joints. But I'll replace them all anyway. I can't decide on whether to lower it or leave it as is. I kinda like the ride height. With some shorter tires and 2wd coil springs it will set a little lower anyway.

Pulling left??

Usually left front disc brake caliper not fully releasing. They stick when they get old.

First the slides get crap in them and bind, then the piston in the caliper starts to hang up.

You can try cleaning and lubing the slide. Also working the piston back and forth with pry bars and then stepping on the brake pedal, repeat, repeat till they free up.

Otherwise you will have to replace the calipers and possibly the front (collapsed) brake hoses too.

For some reason the left front is the one that always hangs up. Take it for a short drive and you will probably notice the front brake rotor heating up, when you touch it. Pulling Left....

☆☆☆☆☆

Pulling left??

Usually left front disc brake caliper not fully releasing. They stick when they get old.

First the slides get crap in them and bind, then the piston in the caliper starts to hang up.

You can try cleaning and lubing the slide. Also working the piston back and forth with pry bars and then stepping on the brake pedal, repeat, repeat till they free up.

Otherwise you will have to replace the calipers and possibly the front (collapsed) brake hoses too.

For some reason the left front is the one that always hangs up. Take it for a short drive and you will probably notice the front brake rotor heating up, when you touch it. Pulling Left....

☆☆☆☆☆
I thought that too. I checked them when I removed the wheel Spacers and it rotated fine. But I guess it could be different while driving. I was thinking maybe wheel bearing or tierod but I didn't feel any play in either of them either

Always enjoying your YouTube videos, and subject matter.

☆☆☆☆☆
Thanks I appreciate that. I enjoy making them. I don't feel like I know enough to be a how to channel but I do enjoy documentary style. I guess it's kinda like a vlog channel

So I did some more digging this evening and I found these little gems. No wonder the front end is so off and it rides so weird. @George Jets was right again. Someone had lifted the front of this truck at some point they have installed spacers under the coils. I didn't notice them the first time I looked but when I had the truck up on jack stands I noticed they looked even more wonky without weight on them. The passenger side isn't even seated in the lift spacer properly. That being said I think it's gonna save me 70 bucks on coils because they look pretty new to me and I measured them and they are the correct size. So I need to drop the lca and knock out them spacers when I rebuild the front end. Not a big deal because I plan on replacing the ball joints anyhow.!

Screenshot_20240611_223736_Samsung Internet.jpg

20240611_223148.jpg

20240611_223141.jpg

20240611_223131.jpg

20240611_222924.jpg

20240611_222919.jpg

Also. A better view of the "rolled" bedside I got out. It looks pretty good im happy with that !

VideoCapture_20240609-032757.jpg

20240610_173607.jpg

20240610_173601.jpg

Got a few small things knocked out on the truck this weekend and this evening. I got the pcv system hooked back up correctly and removed that line with a screw plugging a vacuum port. I replaced it with a true vacuum port plug. I also fixed the drivers side vent window latch. I got a really nice one from @valiantpatrol. Started stripping down the dart for body and paint! The D100 is gonna be on hold for the next couple weeks while I'm doing the dart body work

20240616_161111.jpg

Got some work done today! I used the parts @rbkt65 sent me! I got the dome light installed. And I converted the turn signal wiper switch to the dash, like the older models. I plan on doing a floor mounted high beam switch also in the future. It's just a preference I think it looks better and feels more "classic". The wiper switch turned out great it looks amazing and it works!

20240627_205842.jpg

20240627_193535.jpg

20240627_193521.jpg

-
Back