New race car

-

nwdart

Reaction score
Just bought a new 71dart ,has art Morrison coilover ladder bar set up with 30 inch 10.5 tubbed. Rear 8 3/4 with 35 spline axles 486 spool. Front has altercation manual rack. Motor is a fresh 60 over 340 with aluminum edelbrock heads and m1 intake Tti headers . Dyno tuned 460 hp at 7k 4500 stall in 904 . Has 6 passes on motor . Foot brake rolling out it ran 7.17 1/8. Gentlemen I bought it from had it for 26 years and it shows, very clean build . I generally do not buy done cars but this was too nice not to get. Got in the shop late last night and tried to find any thing that needs to be changed out and drew a blank , nothing for now. Going to run it as is and not spend any money on it. My other 71 that I thru together last summer to run has all the stuff that was purchased for my 69 dart that is still on rotisserie. So will take that stuff off and sell the shell. What do you guys think? Nw dart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 379
WOW O WOW. great find. i love drag racing. my first drag race was the FIRST NHRA nationals. 1955 greatbend ks. my dad had a saying "the faster you go the harder it is to faster". my idea: you need more MOPAR decals, on it. we dont want chevy guys seeing a fast car and not know its a MOPAR. just my idea. go blow there doors off!!!!

SWEET!! I'm sure you'll find things that you'll want to detail out but it's nice to have it track ready instead of taking another year or two to finish. - And you can always try to squeeze a few more tenths out of it.

Nice, enjoy
What are you going to do with 2 drag cars?

I never planned on full on drag car, but last 5 years have been doing a drag event by my moms and having a blast and visiting mom ,win win . The other 71 was to be resto mod all around fun car. Will put motor suspension and rear in my 69 dart along with the t56 6speed. Here is a trunk shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 180
-
Back