new race/street duster

-
That plan is to either find a set that fit or modify a set to fit. or make a set. I'm sure there is Some more power to be had with better headers. The nitrous thing might happen but have to sort out the car first. Get it to go down the track.

Cool car. I got a thing for orange Dusters with black vinyl tops myself.

Great to see a car like this with leaf springs.

Hope you get done whatever it is you're trying to get done. Post some results when you get it down the track.

awesomr car factory lookin car with big motor and small tires, that is what love:blob:

Factory looking??????? I think not , mopars didnt come with Chevy hoods on them . But at least its black , looks decent with the orange.

Fits Applications:

67-76 A-body, 62-74 B-body & 70-74 E-body

TTI has these ones 440BR-218

2-1/8" B1 STEP HEADERS***...with 3.5" collectors

Awesome car by the way

Factory looking??????? I think not , mopars didnt come with Chevy hoods on them . But at least its black , looks decent with the orange.

Too bad they didn't ,they are definitely the best looking scoop. Plus the one that came on the Chevy's were only about 1 1/2 inches tall.
And the Duster looks killer...

I agree like i said on the color it screams come get me-steve

Thanks for the compliments. Car came with the hood. I don't hate it but the engine does fit under it. Wish mopar made a scoop tall enough. Would prefer a flat hood. I am going to have to look into those tri headers. They would be a better header.

Car looks mean! I would do something about those headers, get it to the track and tune it some on motor, then add some spray....If the engine was "built" for nitrous, why not use it? No harm in going faster....except that going slower after will suck :)

i think the hood looks great. it's not a chevy hood it's a cowl induction hood, very good design

was first on a production car on a camaro, but i can tell you it was probably invented prior and not by a car engineer. a lot of research was done in the 40's by aeronautical engineers

They are 295 65 15 drag radials on a 15x9.

wow very cool looking car you have there. what is the back spacing on your wheels and what all did you have to do to get them to fit? I am building a 73 big block duster and would like to go to that size tire if i can do it with out moving the springs in etc. again great looking car you have there.thanks Mopar65

Thanks again for all the good words. The rims I believe are 4.5 backspacing. The quarter lips were massaged.

That is a really nice looking car.
We are going to have to cross paths now that I have my heap running.
That is not a challenge or anything.
My small block will surprise a few people , but as Harry Callahan once said " A man's got to know his limitations ". :D:D

sorry havent been here in awhile. had some probs with the engine. broke a rocker in which turn broke a lifter. did a leak down test just to make sure in was all good and found 2 bad cylinders. thanklfully it was just valves need to be ground. so havent been able to get it to the track. dont look like it will be till next season...... tubtar we will have to meet up do some cruising. not to many mopar guys up here. where are you down by the cities?

Slick looking ride my friend! Keep us updated on how it runs! Considering a 440 transplant into my 68 fastback maybe next spring.

Nice car. However a couple of issues that might come up at tech:

Side bars too low.
Drivers seat not secured to the cage cross bar.
Window net.

As for the headers? You're going have to have a set custom fabbed. 2 1/4 x 4 is about where 605" needs to be.

just keep the engine as is dont need nitros you already have almost 1000hp

just start racing at the track get good with reaction times / consistency / start making money

if you put nitrous on blow it up or mess with cam shafts without clearancing everything properly and drop a valve what then?

i know i probably sound like an old coot nevermind what i say

Lol, NOS does'nt blow stuff up....A bad tune up does that! Or low NOS fuel pressure.

One of the classiest and nicest I've ever seen. Love the cowl hood with the callout on it

The cage is certed to 8.50. yes I have to figure a way to secure the seat or get a kirkey for when I go to the track. Already has a window net just don't have it in for street driving. Very true on the nitrous. I am going to buy a flowed kit so I know that I know the tune is correct. Wish I had a vid of it running to keep me going through the cold winter months. Thanks for the compliments. I will keep updates coming.

-
Back