New racecar nearing completion

-

d55dave

Reaction score
I was over at my brothers place today and took some pics of his new race car, I thought I would share them with you all (with his blessing of course).

This car has been more than 10 years in the making, Charles has done the vast majority of the work himself. It is a 67 Dart GT, low deck stroker on alcohol. The pictures speak for themselves. His fabrication and work on this car are incredible. I can't wait to see its maiden passes down the track!

IMG_20170319_141808.jpg

IMG_20170319_141905.jpg

IMG_20170319_141752.jpg

IMG_20170319_142255.jpg

I was over at my brothers place today and took some pics of his new race car, I thought I would share them with you all (with his blessing of course).

This car has been more than 10 years in the making, Charles has done the vast majority of the work himself. It is a 67 Dart GT, low deck stroker on alcohol. The pictures speak for themselves. His fabrication and work on this car are incredible. I can't wait to see its maiden passes down the track!

View attachment 1715029865

View attachment 1715029866

View attachment 1715029867

View attachment 1715029868
Beautifull, keep us posted ! Thanks for sharing .

Looks like your brother has some serious skills. Can't wait to hear how it runs.

Thanks for all the nice replies guys. My brother Charles has been lurking on here as well, LOL.

I will post up some more when tye car is complete and is making some passes.

Cheers

God dam! Did he section the rear fenders?
I find it hard to believe that that much tire will fit in the factory wheel arch?
I would love to see more of that car.
That is truly bad ***!

God dam! Did he section the rear fenders?
I find it hard to believe that that much tire will fit in the factory wheel arch?
I would love to see more of that car.
That is truly bad ***!
I believe that the rear wheel arches are factory. Yep....I will definitely be posting some more when it is all together and moving under its own power!

Hello all, this is the lurking brother here! Lurking just sounds so dirty. But seriously thanks to my brother for posting the pics and all of the nice comments. The car was actually supposed to be a leaf spring car similar to my 68 post car that my brother has a pic of on the "first car you ever drag raced" thread. Bought the 67 in 2000 and it has been a long term project since then eventually morphing into what you see now. Thanks again for all of the nice comments and I will include a few more pics here. The complete chassis was sandblasted and powder coated in a sandable urethane powder coat, money well spent. I can't take credit for the body and paint but most everything else has been me other than a friend and his son who did some of the really nice welding for me. A bit of neat history on the GT emblem in the grille. It was originally modified by our Dad when he had a brand new 67 GT and he held onto it when he sold that car. I have also included some pics of two other A-Bodies that are part of "the family"

1-9739.JPG

1-9743.JPG

6-0496.JPG

8-115.JPG

9-004.JPG

13-3152.JPG

13-3176.JPG

13-3171.JPG

19.jpg

13.jpg

IMG_0176.JPG

From what I see of that, it one of the best cars I've ever seen. That's a show winner and lunch money taker all in one.

Your brother did a dam fine job.

Please ask about the arch for me.

I believe that the rear wheel arches are factory. Yep....I will definitely be posting some more when it is all together and moving under its own power!
Almost factory but not sectioned. The front of the opening usually drops straight down for the last 6 inches or so. Than section was cut out and contoured to match the curve of the opening above it. It is amazing what will fit in when the rear frame rails are less than 24" apart. The rear tires are 33" x 15"

1-9750.JPG

Kinda cool that you're stickin with torsion bars. Beautiful work.

MAN - that blue is striking!! I love it!! And the rest of it is just awesome!!!!
Agree, nice, very nice. But, I sure think those hood scoops look cheezy and out of place,-----------look very fake !~! . Unless there`s a real blower under them .

Agree, nice, very nice. But, I sure think those hood scoops look cheezy and out of place,-----------look very fake !~! . Unless there`s a real blower under them .
Hood scoops???

No hood scoops. If you are referring to the hat it is part of the injection. The throttle plates for the engine.....

Not to be Sad Sally here, but you might want to check your local track rules on that powder coated chassis. A lot of sanctioning bodies are not allowing it anymore because it prohibits thorough weld inspections.

Not to be Sad Sally here, but you might want to check your local track rules on that powder coated chassis. A lot of sanctioning bodies are not allowing it anymore because it prohibits thorough weld inspections.
Really no different than paint or what people could do with body filler and paint if they were really sinister! Just like with paint if there ever was a concern the paint or powder coat could be easily removed for a thorough inspection. Also, the car already has an NHRA 8.50 tag on it (after powder coating) and the cage was sonic tested at that time.

-
Back