New radiator

-

tomt966

Reaction score
Need some opinions. Need a new rad for my 68 340. The car is a clone. I don't care about correct parts. Dillon radiator has a cross-flow alum rad that will fit for $330. Glen-Ray has an OEM round top for $675. I think aluminum would be fine. Any comments??? Thanx

The later square top 26 inch radiater and shroud would fit in there.

Agreed, my Dart has a stock a/c rad and after getting it cleaned it ran at idle in gear for over 30 min in 100+ heat and the elec fan never came on and you could touch the top of the rad. 160 thermostat
Bruce

The later square top 26 inch radiater and shroud would fit in there.

Not to Hi-jack this thread but I need to replace my rad too and am having trouble figuring out what is best to go with. If I did the 26in option what application did it come on so i could grab that. Or is just the 22" rad fine?

I have a 69 dart with a 340 and 904 trans w/o AC

73,4,5,6 Valiant Dart. You can and probably should expand the opening in the earlier support but its not absolutely nessesary.

That'll work but please properly address the power supply to those fans. Very little would be more ironic than a cool engine in front of a dash fire.

I just picked up a rad from NAPA this afternoon for $270 Canadian.... 26 inches wide. The application is 1973 340 Dart/Duster w/ automatic transmission.

I offered it up to my car and man, 26 inches is huge! (Insert John Holmes joke here). It looks like I'll be drilling new holes to mount the monster since my current slant six rad is about the same size as the auxiliary tranny cooler I also bought!

Yeah you'll need to drill mouting holes. I like 1/2 of spacers at the top 2 since the tank sits sooo close to the cross bar.

-
Back