New Rear-end

-

68ValiantEffort

Reaction score
Where would be a good place to buy a new complete rear end? Or reliable rebuilt ones? I need a 8.25 for my 68 valiant. How much do they usually cost? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

dont complete 8.75 rears run about 500 :| you could put a ford 9in in there, wont they bolt right up, cheap rear gears and cheap rears, i am not one to install other parts in my MOPAR though....so i gotta pay out the a$$ :sad1:

theres one on big block dart now i think for 200 bux...

I missed a fresh 3.55 8.25 at a show for 150 bux i missed.

I paid 200 for my 3.23 8.25 drum to drum - and its held up for hight 12 second passes, and 4000 rpm launches with slicks .....

If I could get a 8.75 for 500 then that would be great. I wasnt sure about the prices. But where could i buy one at? I havent had any luck at the local car show/swap meets or in the trader.....

What rear end and bolt pattern do you have under there now? You probably want to keep the same bolt pattern front and rear, so that may be a major consideration in your decision of which rear end to purchase.

I havent looked, but i'll look this weekend while i measure how the space i got to use. as far as i know its the original, probably a 7.25. and its a 5X4 bolt pattern.

I believe your car is currently has a /6 motor and a floor shifted 3 speed transmission. If your planning on upgrading to a V8 you might consider an 8 ¼ from a Junk Yard A Body donor vehicle otherwise, 7 ¼ should be sufficient. I have had a lot of luck with junk yard rear ends because the gears can be inspected easily and there fairly cheep.

-
Back