New rear springs for a 65 Dart, 2,800LB or 3,200LB?????

-
Do they make it lean that bad? I sure do not want that. That would look awful! I do not mind the higher ride hight, but I sure do not want to go down the road leaning sideways.

then dont buy a mopar... they do that on purpose....

Yea,
Right. That is stupid. Just what every one wants a car that looks like it has a broken spring going down the road. I have had 3 mopars. None of them had a lean. My friend has a 1970 Hemi Cuda, sits level. Another friend has a 71 Duster 340, and my old 73 dart sport, both sit level. I have looked at numerous super stock Hemi's at the Mopar nats over 20 years or so. They all looked pretty darn level to me. So why would I not buy a Mopar? LOL
Yes I know one spring has a higher preload to beter handle axle wind up, or to help prevent it.

then dont buy a mopar... they do that on purpose....

Yea,
Right. That is stupid. Just what every one wants a car that looks like it has a broken spring going down the road. I have had 3 mopars. None of them had a lean. My friend has a 1970 Hemi Cuda, sits level. Another friend has a 71 Duster 340, and my old 73 dart sport, both sit level. I have looked at numerous super stock Hemi's at the Mopar nats over 20 years or so. They all looked pretty darn level to me. So why would I not buy a Mopar? LOL
Yes I know one spring has a higher preload to beter handle axle wind up, or to help prevent it.

anything running SS springs is gonna lean... as you know its for the axle wind-up... alot of guys dont like the lean so they drill another hole for the drivers side to make the body the same height...

That is good to know! Were do they put the extra hole? I think I am going to get the 2,800 springs. If the deference, as the gent with the 65 stated, is only .75 deference I can live with that. Heck I can live with a little more than that.

anything running SS springs is gonna lean... as you know its for the axle wind-up... alot of guys dont like the lean so they drill another hole for the drivers side to make the body the same height...

Your car sit even, or is it a little lopsided, with the deferent springs, left to right?

I use the 002 & 003 SS springs on my '65 Barracuda. After install, I could see the right rear of the car slightly higher than the left. But, note: If the right rear is higher, rest assured the driver's side front is lower (unless the car is bent). So I adjusted the driver side torsion bar to raise the driver side front. With that adjustment, my car has always been level.

Do you want hook or look ?
If you are worried about ride quality , don't bother with SS springs.
You won't be happy.
Just tell your friends that it has them.......they won't know the difference anyways.
They are designed to facilitate maximum traction in a drag race application.
And the engineers who designed them definitely did it right.
You don't need traction bars , you don't need a snubber.
They work very well all by themselves.
If you are more concerned with how awful it looks having one side sit higher than the other , look elsewhere for your rear suspension needs.
You are trying to remove a nut with a phillips screw driver in your thinking on this.

Well hear it is!! 3 hours after UPS dropped off my new goodies I am done. Boy dose it drive and hook great!!!!

I got the 863 and 864 SS springs, the SS shocks, the Hemi hanger reinforcement plates, and new shackle set with poly bushings.

All I can say is fantastic!! Barley lifted the rear, and sits dam near level, or close enough you can hardly tell. Now to fix my leaking axle seals, and figure out what to do about having 10in breaks in the rear and 9in in the front.

Thanks to every one for all the help!!!!!!

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 138
  • ss2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 134
  • ss3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 138
  • ss4.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 132
  • ss5.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 132
I run the 2800# on my 65 Valiant that work great car hooks good, i set them 1 inch lower but after they settled i will go back to stock setting.

I'm running 002 and 003 Super stock springs. I'm not going to let my car sit unlevel.

Attachments

• DSC00187.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 108
-
Back