New Richard Petty Mustangs available with 727 HP

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
View attachment richard-petty-mustang-auction-front.jpg

Last month, NASCAR legend Richard Petty generated plenty of buzz when he customized a mean 2015 Mustang GT and auctioned it off to charity not once, but twice to the tune of $535,000.

Today, “The King” has another wild-styled custom Ford Mustang—in fact he has 300 of them—and if you’re lucky, you can buy one. Meet the 2016 Ford Mustang GT King Edition, the result of cooperation between Ford Performance and Petty’s Garage, the in-house speed shop of Richard Petty.

The limited-run Mustangs will come in three different flavors—243 “King” editions, 43 “King Premier” editions, and a scant 14 “King Premier” convertibles. Need one in your life? Petty’s Garage plans to sell the special editions through local Ford dealerships. Better hurry.

To start, Petty’s Garage begins with a stock 2016 Ford Mustang GT and adds a Ford Performance supercharger to the 5.0-liter V8 engine. Next comes a cold air intake, custom engine tuning, and a MagnaFlow center-exit exhaust, which equates to 670 horsepower. Need more? The firm offers a “level two” upgrade with a smaller supercharger pulley which nets a screaming 727 horsepower. Heavens above.

It’s not hard to see where Petty’s Garage was aiming with these custom ‘Stangs. In fact, the press release even says “Ford’s pony will be hell for some cats.” Shots fired! Your move Dodge.

Understandably, the stock Mustang may need a little help wrestling that power to the ground. That’s where Ford Performance half shafts, tree-way adjustable front and rear sway bars, and a pumped up rear axle come into play.

Visually things get upgraded to The King’s preferences as well, including a custom rear diffuser, shift knob, sill plates, floor mats, headrests, and Petty’s signature on a special dash plate. Matte black Petty’s Garage 20-inch wheels come standard issue and complement the popping black-and-blue paint job. Six-piston front brakes arrive as an upgrade on the King Premier packages.

Ford says prices start at $67,495 for the King models and a big $90,495 for the rarer King Premier models, though all packages can be equipped with the 727 horsepower supercharger setup. Just want to ogle at them? You can find these tricked-out Richard Petty Mustangs at the 2015 SEMA Show, which kicks off November 3rd.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/ford-ups-ante-special-727-hp-king-edition-180046896.html

Yeah, another HP war!!! :cheers: :burnout:

Let's see what Chevy and Dodge do to compete.... :glasses7: :happy1:

https://youtu.be/arZdeg_fL-I

I love Flounder! My best buddy got that nickname! He never got anything done,hence the "floundering".. As for more horsepower, all in. More technology bleeds down to us" poorer "/ more intelligent folk.

I have a co-worker that bought a 07 Shelby Super Snake recently, it had 40K one owner miles for around $20,000. Supercharged 6-speed fun.
Sad reality is the re-sale on Mustangs is nothing.

Too bad King Richard couldn't have stayed with Mopar.

I have a co-worker that bought a 07 Shelby Super Snake recently, it had 40K one owner miles for around $20,000. Supercharged 6-speed fun.
Sad reality is the re-sale on Mustangs is nothing.
maybe that's is a GOOD thing of those of us not Millionaires!??? ha

nice to see the King is still active chasing whatever.

Nice, but still after market tweaks get it there.

Hell cat dyno at over 800 HP and still factory built and warranty. I have a lifetime powertrain warranty. Screw ford.

Your going to need that warrantee too:D:D with that "mexican motored" piece of crap..i'd buy the stang' made in AMERICA by an AMERICAN based company..

Petty is a smart guy.

Then my '70 Swinger is a piece of crap cause it wasn't built here in the states but in Canada, same with my DD in my avatar. Two Canadian cars.... LOL. And I thought I was opinionated.

Yeah, another HP war!!! :cheers: :burnout:

Let's see what Chevy and Dodge do to compete.... :glasses7: :happy1:

https://youtu.be/arZdeg_fL-I

Ya but don't you just love horsepower wars between the manufacturers? They all reach into their bag of tricks and pull out something cool. The consumer is the one that benefits.

I was at a Ford car show. On all the cars there, including a Petty Stang, the window sticker clearly states "Transmission made in China". Anywhere else, and I wouldn't care. I've seen too many examples of Chinese quality.

I was at a Ford car show. On all the cars there, including a Petty Stang, the window sticker clearly states "Transmission made in China". Anywhere else, and I wouldn't care. I've seen too many examples of Chinese quality.

Stop confusing people with facts.

Your going to need that warrantee too:D:D with that "mexican motored" piece of crap..i'd buy the stang' made in AMERICA by an AMERICAN based company..

Petty is a smart guy.

Petty has sold out, which seems to be the American way these days.
For anyone who thinks Petty had input on modifying these cars, better rethink that.
All this guy does is sign his name.

Hard to make judgments if you haven't bought anything from them in 40 years.

I for one have had good fortunes with them.
After being in the Auto Parts industry for 20 years, working for import dealers writing service & selling cars, I have came to a conclusion, they all break, they all do something really well or they don't.

I have owned a Magnum R/T, a real fun & fast car & currently have a 300C, that is mine & Wifes favorite car that we have ever owned.
My 300C is faster than my stock 340 Dart Swinger was.
Never had any major concerns with either one.
Both built in the last 10 years.

Hard to make judgments if you haven't bought anything from them in 40 years.

I for one have had good fortunes with them.
After being in the Auto Parts industry for 20 years, working for import dealers writing service & selling cars, I have came to a conclusion, they all break, they all do something really well or they don't.

I have owned a Magnum R/T, a real fun & fast car & currently have a 300C, that is mine & Wifes favorite car that we have ever owned.
My 300C is faster than my stock 340 Dart Swinger was.
Never had any major concerns with either one.
Both built in the last 10 years.

Glad your happy..everything in my driveway is Ford..duster is in the garage of coarse:D:D

-Gotta remember when Chrysler pulled the Hemi in 65 Petty went to the Ford garage..... see no difference today really. (He's more then just a autograph-er I bet), doesn't Kyle still have the Petty Garage? Richard is just a "watch on in it, BUT I bet he has his own ideas and feedback going into these cars.... SADLY however, that Ford as said, was made to make 727 HP NOT out of the Ford factory. Was done with a lot of aftermarket parts, and aren't covered in the Ford drive train warranty, (IF there is any) PLUS its a one-of-one car, NOT mass produced! 'Nuff said

-Gotta remember when Chrysler pulled the Hemi in 65 Petty went to the Ford garage..... see no difference today really. (He's more then just a autograph-er I bet), doesn't Kyle still have the Petty Garage? Richard is just a "watch on in it, BUT I bet he has his own ideas and feedback going into these cars.... SADLY however, that Ford as said, was made to make 727 HP NOT out of the Ford factory. Was done with a lot of aftermarket parts, and aren't covered in the Ford drive train warranty, (IF there is any) PLUS its a one-of-one car, NOT mass produced! 'Nuff said

Petty went to drag racing in 65 when NASCAR banned the Hemi.

View attachment outlawed.jpg

View attachment 2009-03-10-2120-29.jpg

He went to Ford and drove a Talledega in 69 when "Dodge" wouldn't give him a Daytona. He came back to Plymouth when the Superbird came out in 70.

View attachment torino-3.jpg

Not doubting any posted info...
Out of Personal curiosity,
I called Pettys Garage (877-498-3745) for build tidbits.
Spoke with the project foreman,
" don't know about the trans build source, but six speed".
" Factory 3-36 limited powertrain warranty".

So as to the trans, the MT82 getrag has been around since 2011
in Mustangs (of various H/P & build configs ).
Getrag has 3 chinese build sources & 20-26 other international collaborations.
However getrag was recently purchased by Magna International ( Canadian based )
...Maybe Magna will start building the MT82 in Canada!!!...

Again, world market outsourcing = literally, hundreds more quality control
concerns applied across buku different individual parts & complete components.

-
Back