New Rifle

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
To today I bought a new rifle, I really like it. Its a Savage Edge XP chambered in 7MM-08. Its sweet, black synthetic stock, Bushnell scope, and weighs only 6.5 lbs. Deer season starts monday here in PA and I cant wait.

Savage-Edge-XP_Black-22-250-223-270-7mm-08-308-30-06.png

Oh boy, shes a beaut =P~ Hope she shoots straight

To today I bought a new rifle, I really like it. Its a Savage Edge XP chambered in 7MM-08. Its sweet, black synthetic stock, Bushnell scope, and weighs only 6.5 lbs. Deer season starts monday here in PA and I cant wait.

Savage-Edge-XP_Black-22-250-223-270-7mm-08-308-30-06.png

SWEET..!

Congrats on your choice of a fine firearm.....

I'm in the market for a Savage 10PC, in .308...Possibly scope it with a Leupold VX-I (3X-9X / 40mm)..

The 10PC features Accutrigger and AccuStock..

Just earlier today some buds and I went to our quaterly Gun Show today ( @ Orange County Fairgrounds) and had a great time checking out all the wares..

One expo site even displayed a German FG 42... 8)

That was cool...I'd never seen one of those before...

fg42t2m.jpg

SWEET..!

Congrats on your choice of a fine firearm.....

I'm in the market for a Savage 10PC, in .308...Possibly scope it with a Leupold VX-I (3X-9X / 40mm)..

Just earlier today some buds and I went to our quaterly Gun Show today ( @ Orange County Fairgrounds) and had a great time checking out all the wares..

One expo site even displayed a German FG 42... 8)

fg42t2m.jpg
Used to be able to buy them in a sawed up kit....rumor had it that if you were a good welder/machinist you could, if you had a few kits, often put a fully funtioning automatic weapon back together....

No it doesnt have the Accu trigger, oh well. The trigger pull is about 5 lbs. I love the Fg42, Im heavily involved in WWII reenacting and I dont see many of them. I left the gun shop and hit the range to sight it in. It was factory bore sighted and was already dead on at 100 yrds.

Same dude that had the FG42 also had a BAR...

That last one is one of my all-time favorite firearms..:-D

BTW, now that I'm thinking back on it, especially after what Inkjunkie said, the FG-42 today looked like maybe it was cobbled together from separate parts...

The Barrel on it looked sorta-like a MG-34 Barrel..maybe it was wearing a MG-34 barrel jacket like this one..

pix984312988.jpg

Evan, sorry about the thread drift...8)

--

Here's my favorite. A Krag Jorgensen .30-40. Think Teddy Roosevelt and San Juan Hill. They are purported to have the smoothest bolt action slide of any bolt action gun ever made. I believe it. My father in law made the custom stock outta a chunk of Walnut.

003.jpg

I love my M1 garand but here in PA we cant hunt with semi autos. A krag is a good rifle but I like them still in their military form.

I hunted with one of these once and only once. Its pretty heavy, Its a Marlin Ballard chambered in 32-40. It was my great great great grandfathers.

11-12-10-11-Marlin-Ballard-Union-Hill-Number-9.jpg

Now ya aint got no excuse for not head shootin em. Not enough meat on one as it is to go shootin one up. Shoot em in the eye or the ear. If it's s big rack just drop it down on his neck. You can do it.
Small Block

Allegedly (since I live in Kalifornia) I may have something that may look like one of these..

DSC_0514.JPG

---

those new "air soft" rifles are awsome arn't they! i got an ar-15:love7:

Yup, that's it..

It's one of those "Air Soft" replicas..and they are awesome..

The "air soft" AR-15s are cool...8)

--

-
Back