NEW Road House Movie.

-
i have heard from numerous friends that the new road house is terrible.. i watched the trailer and that was horrible so i can't imaging the movie being any good.

Remakes can never be as good as the originals. Magnum PI, The Lone Ranger. I don't know why they waste their time, same thing with redoing songs

The wife and I watched it this past Saturday night. It wasn't bad, nothing like the original, but not bad. McGregor was a riot!

Too many attempts at humor with puns. Just like the Batman and Robin movie with Alicia Silverstone. Connor MacGregor played himself and its unbearable to watch.

I thought it was okay. Very typical Hollywood in some ways. It ran parallel to the original in some ways yet deviated in others.
I think some people elevate the original as if it were some masterpiece. It was not. It was a cheesy action movie that was cheap fun for a couple of hours. The actors nowadays sure are in better shape than they/we were back then. Jake and Conor have great builds compared to Swayze. The women must love seeing that.
In movies like these, there needs to be characters that are likable so that you root for them. Jake is a good actor but I didn't see many likable qualities.

YEAH! You're right. Thanks. I don't know anything about all these new wannabes. If they ain't from Hollywood's golden age, I'm clueless. Thanks.
Agree. I'm not a fan of great movie remakes James Cagney's Yankee Doodle Dandy remake.
Yank my Doodle it's a Dandy, really sucked.

Agree. I'm not a fan of great movie remakes James Cagney's Yankee Doodle Dandy remake.
Yank my Doodle it's a Dandy, really sucked.
I've never seen that one. I liked the Cagney version. I love Mr. Roberts.

-
Back