New shop for projects

-

rowinafour

Reaction score
Finally decided to build shop on our new place. 36x32, 3 overhead doors, scissor trusses for high ceiling, 16 ft high in center. Doors in a couple weeks, butt load of fill to bring up to level for cement work. Then finish inside with insulation, walls and ceilings. Happy with build so far and am looking forward to spending time tinkering on projects as retirement has afforded me the time to do this.

IMG_3251.jpeg

Finally decided to build shop on our new place. 36x32, 3 overhead doors, scissor trusses for high ceiling, 16 ft high in center. Doors in a couple weeks, butt load of fill to bring up to level for cement work. Then finish inside with insulation, walls and ceilings. Happy with build so far and am looking forward to spending time tinkering on projects as retirement has afforded me the time to do this.

View attachment 1716293241
Looks great! Something to definitely be excited about!! Enjoy man, cheers!

Lookin to get something put in down here at the new homestead. Prices and people are crazy. But gotta do what you gotta do.

It is not cheap, and it will be filling up. I have two storage units full of parts and a 67 barracuda for a father/son project. I sold two other projects when we moved, now I can start a new collection.

When I retired from the Air Force 31 years ago, we bought a nice sized corner lot in a nice neighborhood and built a house. I have been kicking myself ever since for not finding a place a few miles to the west where I would have room to built a nice big shop like that. You will love it. May I suggest heat and AC. At least heat.

Looks like a nice space. I'm jealous.
Is there a reason that you didn't set it lower and/or level the area to minimize the amount of material you'll need to build up the floor level?

The property is sloped from the road toward the back were a creek run’s through. If it was any lower the front of the shop would have been a basement. I have a source for fill but the schedule for the build came on sooner than pond being dug for clay.

That's going to be very nice when you get done. If you can swing getting it $pray foam insulated, it will really tighten it up. Stuff ain't cheap though! Looks like the concrete will be level with the bottom edge of the white exterior panels maybe. Nice shop....congrats!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats. Make sure they compact the fill really well. Also, pick a spot for the 2 post lift you may or may not get, and have a small trench put in there to ensure enough concrete. Lot cheaper and easier than digging it out later!

-
Back