New small block

-
The only thing I dont like are the bosses for the head bolts that dont allow for a solid roller lifter. That should be an option. You can't make a block that indestructable and say "we wont make it to run a roller cam..." lol

$3100 huh? I wonder how much you can grind away on that thing to "MAKE things work"?

I'd just grind off the lower portion of the inner head bolt bosses, or the whole boss itself depending.

But yeah, $3000+ and you still have to work on it a bit.

Thats been my experience with almost all aftermarket stuff,from engine parts to body panels.
Most of it isnt a true bolt on.Always seems to be something that isnt quite right.

Wonder how much it weighs,looks heavy but prolly around the same as the MP blocks.They did mention it in an aluminum version somewere,I imagine that'll be aways off though.Would be nice if World or Dart would start making mopar small blocks and get the price at a reasonable 2kish or so .

I'm sure it's heavier, and I'm sure it would need everything checked. World, indy, and Dart all have issues too. The best factory machining were KBs and even they had issues once in a while. So it's the cost of the block, and like aftermarket heads, the cost to check it out and fix something if it's off. A friend of mine had 3 World Ford blocks that had cam bearing bores too large for the bearings and had to be returned before he got a good one. However, you will have more than $3K into a factory block to get it close to that strength. And you'll never get priority oiling or the thicker decks and walls. $3100 isnt a bad price at all.

The only thing I dont like are the bosses for the head bolts that dont allow for a solid roller lifter. That should be an option. You can't make a block that indestructable and say "we wont make it to run a roller cam..." lol

i'm thinking the option would be keyway roller lifters.

I'd pop for it. Minor grinding involved. I had to do more on my repro block from MP before I could use it............. All those inches............. wow.

Yes when I bought my R3 block I still had to grind on it and modify the lifter oil holes.You cant buy a block and not have to modify it to work in one way or another.

IMG_0443.JPG

-
Back