Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisnben

MR Badfish
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have a brand new powdercoated Tanks Inc. fuel injection ready gas tank that will allow you to run 3" tailpipes inside your A-body frame rails.
With a little R&D, I came up with installing a '68-70 Charger 19 Gal. tank that's 5" narrower than an A-body tank. It's longer front to back and still retains the fuel filler hole in the correct spot.
You will have to cut out the spare tire well and replace with a sheet metal piece, as well as install a 2" rubber fuel inlet hose & clamps between the stock steel tube.

On this EFI tank, I have the optional bolt-in pickup tube with filter sock that bolts in place of the in-tank EFI pump- to run a standard mechanical or external electric pump. It accepts a 3/8 NPT fitting. If a person ever wants to convert to an EFI in-tank pump unit, just replace the pickup tube, as it bolts right in.

Also installed is a correct Mopar fuel sending unit so your stock gauge reads correctly!

Get the best of both worlds- appears stock, get 3 more gallons- 19 gal. (a-body is 16 gal.) AND have the EFI option!

All the parts from Tanks Inc. cost $300+ shipping total. Buy this now shipped to your door from me for $275.
Located in Sun Prairie, WI 53590. PM me here for details, etc., thanks!
prd_484_zpsrjpim14y.jpg

prd_445_zpsqcz856qt.jpg

prd_276_zpskr90ubkd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back