New temp gauge

-

Dart swinger 73

Reaction score
This is my first Mopar. My Dart has a 318. I know the temp sending unit on a GM 350 ci. is in the head. Is there a place on the 318 like that, to put my new temp gauge sending unit. It's a lot bigger then the stock one in the cooling jacket of the intake manifold. Right now i have it installed in the radiator where the thermal vacuum plug is. Really don't know what else to call it. I don't like it there.
In my Vette I had to relocate my original temp sending unit to the thermostae housing. because the new create engin had a smaller hold in the head. :coffee2:

Usually a mechanical gauge requires a bushing to be installed in the intake. Are you running an electric gauge? If so, you may need to find a different sending unit.

If running a mechanical gauge, you have a couple of options.
#1 Weld a bung in the intake runner on the stock intake.
#2 buy a Moroso #63422 thermostat housing.
#3 replace the intake with an aftermarket aluminum one that has the 3/8 NPT plugs.

#2 is the easiest but it runs like $60.00

^^As above. What intake you running? Some of the Edelbrocks were a little slim, on tappings, still others could be drilled and tapped they had enough "meat." This is not a difficult job if you are patient

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=271617

May not be obvious, but after getting this mess removed, I tapped to a larger size

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

-
Back