-
Status
Not open for further replies.

FishCharger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Thank you everyone for your help first and foremost.

Im new to A body Mopars with a 66 Barracuda. Im having a heck of a time finding fenders, quarter panels and floor pans. I would like to upgrade the brakes to power and also to disk up front as well as get rid of the tiny lug pattern the car has. Can anyone inform me of other make/ model parts that fit so I can do this? It needs a complete front end rebuild so the brakes would be done at that time as well. Any kind of cross reference information or web sight is GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you for your time and patience.
Brian

Welcome to FABO! I looked for front fenders for awhile for my 66 Valiant, finally found one on ebay and another in a boneyard. Rear quarters are tough to find, new floor pans are available but I can't remember the nameof place I got mine. (I will remember or someone else will) I would get some disc brakes from a 73-76 abody, they will work and have the large bolt pattern. I got new a-body axles on ebay for my 8 3/4 rear that already have the 5 on 4.5 patttern, they are Yukon axles. You could also get a 8 1/4 rear from a Volare or Duster, they also have the bigger pattern and are easier to find than an 8 3/4.

Welcome FishCharger :cheers:
Yes 66340SEDAN is correct, They are out there and take a look around the threads and you will be amazed at all the great help there is here just looking at other 66 build here
Jump on in and enjoy the best of the best A body site going

Good job Keith :-D

if you get the 73 -76 front disc brakes you also need the upper controll arm

want to go crazy? look up the alterkation front k member brakes and all

go to the tech pages on bigblockdart.com

cool another 66 barracuda!!! one of the vendors at carlisle this summer mentioned the were going to re pop quarters for these

Aw man you guys are great. I really appreciate all the info. I will take any and all I can get and Im sure I'll have more questions. Its great to know that car guys, no matter what make; stick together. Thank you all.

Welcome to FABO Fish Charger, hope you find the parts you need.
BTW, you have 999,995 more questions to ask, what are they? :read2:
We're waiting.

OHHHH Dartnut, you so funny!!!! Welcome there FishCharger, as you can see you are in good company!!! I know all about the maladies of the one-off 66 parts and I have been into them for a long time. Scouring the parts adds is the only way to find fenders, and the qtrs. are just as hard to find, not to mention all of the other 66 only stuff. Be patient and thorough in your search, you'll score them one by one!!! Welcome again and enjoy the site. The best of the Mopar crowd is right here!!! Geof

Welcome! If you're in the SoCal area, I can help with most parts for a '66 Barracuda. I've got 10 of them myself! Some are parts cars, some drivers, some builders. I won't ship large body parts as I've had bad luck with trucking companies but I'll ship UPS size stuff. Most sheet metal is '66 Barracuda and Valiant only but some items from the '64-6 Barracuda will fit also....truck lids, glass, suspension parts, etc. Good luck in your search.
Thanks, Mark

Ha ha...Thank you DartNut, Im sure i could come up with a few more atleast. The biggest question was changing the front end to a bigger lug pattern and disk brakes as in what parts would fit. I appreciate all the posts on that subject, Thank you all.
I think the next question is, how do you get a 14 year old boy away from tony hawks skateboard game long enough to talk him into helpin you in the build of a car that he swears will be his prom vehicle. lol I think Im fighting a losing battle.

Welcome! If you're in the SoCal area, I can help with most parts for a '66 Barracuda. I've got 10 of them myself! Some are parts cars, some drivers, some builders. I won't ship large body parts as I've had bad luck with trucking companies but I'll ship UPS size stuff. Most sheet metal is '66 Barracuda and Valiant only but some items from the '64-6 Barracuda will fit also....truck lids, glass, suspension parts, etc. Good luck in your search.
Thanks, Mark

do you have the lower valance that is below the grille on the front of the car

I think the next question is, how do you get a 14 year old boy away from tony hawks skateboard game long enough to talk him into helpin you in the build of a car that he swears will be his prom vehicle. lol I think Im fighting a losing battle.

Hide it when he ain't looking.

Or A bfh will take care of that game in a hurry!

You could tell him that if he doesn't contribute, the only way he is taking it to his prom is if you are driving :)

Grant

do you have the lower valance that is below the grille on the front of the car
Technically, they don't have a front valance but I think you mean the filler that goes between the top edge of the bumper and the lower section of the grille and spans from fender to fender? I have some of those. You don't need the latch support, grilles, or upper tie bar? Where are you located?
Thanks, Mark

Aahhh Yess!!! Another '66 Barracuda saved from the ravages of the almighty crusher.
I got my floors from autobodyspecialt.com, I believe they also have lower rear quarter sections that include the wheel opening.
'66 parts are out there, you just need to be diligent and patient.
Good luck with your build, start a thread of your restoration so we can follow your progress.

I wanna say Thank you to you and Darwin for the advice on the web sight you listed. I called this morning and they do have CORRECT 66 1/4 panels and floor pans. 1/4s arent full panels, but its a start and better than whats on the car now. They are working on trying to get a stamp for fenders and REAR floor pans but progress is going slow. They have some interior, headliners, carpets, and I believe they said most exterior trim. Anyone looking to restore a 66 Barracuda needs to get ahold of these people. The lady I talked with was very nice and suprised me by her knowledge of the car. Thank you both again for guiding the confused 66 guys in the right direction. Keep up the great advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back