New to board.

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Thought I would join the A body board!! And learn a few details for working our 71 Dart Swinger.

:thumleft:

Well for now the plan is to put the correct master cylinder on for drum brakes so the car is driveable. Then I plan to have the two small dents in the passengers side fixed. We are going to pull the vinyl top off and have any repairs that are needed taken care of. Then once that is done my Dad is going to drive the car to local cruises until my wife is out of school for the summer. But between now and then my Dad is going to build the 360(out of the Blue Dart) that we have and pull all the front suspension and Kmember out of the 73. Have all the front suspension parts including the K member powdercoated. Once all that is detailed and the newly rebuilt 360 setting on that we plan to tear down the Dart and send it in to the body shop for a decent paint job. Then when it comes back install all the 73 front suspension and disc brakes. And hopefully by then I can come up with an 8 3/4 and put some rear disc on that. Then put on some wheels (maybe Weld ProStars) and then ENJOY!!!

:scratch: It sounds easy, but it will not work that smooth!! Then I have to hope my Dads health holds out long enough that he can enjoy it!!

So I still need some parts, I live 350 miles from where the car is (at my Dads so he can tinker with it when he feels like it). I will only be up there for 10 days or so between now and summer. And about 2 weeks in summer. So I don't think it will come together as easy as I would like. But I am going to give it the "old college try" :eye:

Hey crazyguy, nice to have another Dart guy on the board... we were starting to get overrun by those darn Barracuda's. :p And your from TX too. :thumrigh:

Thanks for all the compliments!!

I am heading up to my Dads Tuesday to work on the car for a couple of days. :thumleft: So maybe if everything goes well I can get some progress pics this week. Plus I will get to see how my Dad does on messing with the car. His health has been getting bad and if he isn't able to work on the car like he had hoped to, I may have to trade up to a finished car. But we'll have to see. This will be my first time to see how he does when he is working on cars again. Maybe with his desire to work on cars and now that he is retired, it might be just the thing he needed to get his health back!!!

Welcome carcrazyguy. Looked at the pictures of your car, it looks good. It will be even better when you get done with it. Hope dad feels better and you have fun with the car. Ray

-
Back