"New to Me" Sheriff's 1993 Ramcharger

-

V-100

Valiant lover(?)
Reaction score
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/state,wa/auction/view?auc=703423

Recently retired, 360 Magnum, LE package, the dash and seat covers kept stuff from getting tore up.

Hate the wheels and RWL tires...can flip the tires side-to-side, might just paint the rims all black for now (short of throwing them in a scrap pile). New battery and servicing, stiff detail and she is good to go!

Looks to be in pretty good shape, overall. Good score!
C

Utah huh? Nice score. I love the Ramchargers and have owned a couple of old sheriff's cars.

Thanks guys- I do have an extra set of cop wheels (they are powder coated a semi-gloss black in a light texture), but I think the bolt pattern is a little wider on the 4WD. Even have a set of the '79 300 center cones and a pair of the center cones that don't go around the lugs- they go between them but don't surround the outside of the diameter. If the rims fit I'll use the pair of 'smaller' cones on the back, nothing on front-don't think the 300 cones would fit even with the top 'cap' removed

Dekalb County Ill. used these great trucks, I remember seeing one with lights on the top drive to our co-op looking for a stolen grain truck.
Congratulations :thumleft:

1)Thanks guys- yeah I thought the bolt pattern got wider on the 4WD.
2)Don't know if the grilles interchange, not going to change it out. It's not my favorite, but it's not ugly, so it'll stay
3)Was checking on transportation down to Castle Dale from SLC. $300 for a shuttle/taxi/car ride. Nearest bus stop? Price, Utah about 40 miles away. Cheaper to get a buddy a ticket, rent a sh@t box, drive down, pick the truck up, drive back and drop the sh@t box back at the airport
4) Started giving my buddy a bunch of crap about the trip going haywire and I'd hate to have to refer to the trip as "Broke Back Ramcharger." I thought it was funny, he did not.

Just got the trip together last night for pickinng up the Ramcharger. Me and a buddy are going to fly into SLC Tuesday night, p/u a 'rent-a- $25-a-day-box' car, start driving down @ 0530 on Wednesday, drive back up to SLC, drop the rental off, and then schlep our way back to western Washington. Ironically, my buddy coming down and renting a car is cheaper than a 'shuttle' ride to Castle Dale...they want $300 for the ride

-
Back