New to Mopar - 1971 Duster

-

1971 Duster

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New guy here.

Just picked up a '71 Duster. It's been sitting and needs TLC, but it has potential. Always wanted a Mopar!

It's a roller, but I recently purchased a 383 long block .030 over with Keith Black pistons with relief valves; CR is at 9:5. Also have 452 heads in very good condition that have not been ported or milled (stock size valves), but with new 3 angle valve job, and .060" shims under the intake valve springs. Cam is a Comp Cam XE274h in it and I have the lifters for it.

I do have a 727 trans for it, but it needs to be rebuilt.

Rear end is 8 3/4 posi with 513 gears, it was a dedicated 1/8 mile drag car.

I need advice on what options I should consider for the rockers (aluminum or stainless and what ratio (1.5 or 1.6). Again, I'm new to Mopar. Also, is this the right cam for it, should I go for more or is this a good match?

My goal is get it track ready and just have fun. No A/C, not a daily driver, just a track car and 1 or 2 car shows that are local. I will not be driving this car anywhere long distance or on major highways. I've got other toys for that.

Here is the link to some pics of it on Photobucket. http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/Ninjasan58/library/1971%20Duster

Thanks for adding me to the forum and for any recommendations.

Welcome aboard, seen your new toy on Eat My Dust,....a bit ago :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum. I was new to mopar when I came too. There are a lot of experienced people on here.

-
Back