New to site demon project

-

truckin_moose

Reaction score
Hi All
Very happy to have found this sight. I just bought my wife a Dodge Demon for her birthday, and one for myself (parts for hers likely)
Trouble is they are both very big projects and I dont have a clue where to start. I'm hoping to find some advise and helpful hints along the way. I'll try post some pics if I can here.
Thanks for the cool website!

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 189
Welcome to FABO!!!

What sort of car do you envision when you're done with the build? That will help the FABO crowd help you figure out where to start. :)

Hello and welcome from Dieppe New Brunswick, from Canadian to Canadian, although far apart. those Demons would look good with matching 360's. Since your new maybe you do not know that the Dart Sport is the Demons replacement because of the name ''Demon''. Too much religious flack or back talk...complaints.

Hello and welcome from Dieppe New Brunswick, from Canadian to Canadian, although far apart. those Demons would look good with matching 360's. Since your new maybe you do not know that the Dart Sport is the Demons replacement because of the name ''Demon''. Too much religious flack or back talk...complaints.

Thanks. I actually didnt figure that out until after I bought them. I thought they looked awfully close to the same, except the grill and bumper look alot different. We actually bought a 76 Dart sport a few years ago but the floor was to far gone. Might be some good parts on it yet though. Very cool. So we got some of the first models and one of the last of the same body style.
To answer 64DartGTinAZ, we dont really know what we want yet. My wife would be happy just to have a nice looking car to cruise with in the summer. It wouldnt have to be done right to the 9's. Just a nice paint job and a motor that runs. I dont mind that idea, but I also dont want to just throw it together and wish I would have spent a bit more time and $ at it, to do it up right. I would prefer a HP 340 in it with a good strong auto tranny.

That green model has the Dart Sport stripe are you sure it's a Demon or maybe somebody just put that stripe on there. As far as I know Demons had the strait stripe almost like the Duster.
Just for further info, a 360 is a heck of a lot cheaper to buy and build than a 340. 360's are plentiful and very cheap to buy, while 340's are scarce and expensive. You're looking at $500 vs $2500 range for starters.

That green model has the Dart Sport stripe are you sure it's a Demon or maybe somebody just put that stripe on there. As far as I know Demons had the strait stripe almost like the Duster.
Just for further info, a 360 is a heck of a lot cheaper to buy and build than a 340. 360's are plentiful and very cheap to buy, while 340's are scarce and expensive. You're looking at $500 vs $2500 range for starters.

Did they have a Dart Sport in 71? I thought the Demon was the parent to the Dart Sports. Same car basically. Just name was changed due to pressure from Religous groups. We have a Dart Sport also, but a 76. Everything is basically the same except the front end grill and bumper.
Ya, I am starting to shop for a 360. Sounds like a plan.

Did they have a Dart Sport in 71? I thought the Demon was the parent to the Dart Sports. Same car basically. Just name was changed due to pressure from Religous groups. We have a Dart Sport also, but a 76. Everything is basically the same except the front end grill and bumper.
Ya, I am starting to shop for a 360. Sounds like a plan.

The Dart Sport started life in 73 I think, when the Demon stopped.

-
Back