New to site, father daughter(s) project 64 Cuda

-

robcuda

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just wanted to say hello. I am very excited that my twin daughters bought a classic. A pretty much rust free 64 Barracuda. They love the car, I just need to tidy up a few things (big surprise right?). Selfishly, I like the car as much as them.

I'm a little rusty with the classics, had a 69 Cougar Convertible in High School (which I credit for obtaining at least 2 girlfriends).

I have already used the forum to resolve several things without even having to post. Thanks to everyone for the great information!

Car came with:
273, 727 trans, small rear end, edelbrock manifold, 4 barrel edelbrock, sway bars, power steering, all drum brakes

Recently done:
aluminum radiator
06 Chevy front seats (with integrated belts)
new fuel sending unit
lot's of paint treatments
new brakes
rear axle seals

To do/Wish list:
Ammeter bypass
Stabilize electric
LED lights everywhere possible
disc front brakes
HEI ignition
Stereo with amp

Will post a picture soon.

Thanks again to all the mopar fans for creating this forum.

Best regards,
Rob

Welcome to the fun. Cant wait to see pics. Cant wait to hear which daughter gets to drive it on which nights! Could be fun for referee dad!

Welcome to the fun. Cant wait to see pics. Cant wait to hear which daughter gets to drive it on which nights! Could be fun for referee dad!

Funny! But can't let them drive at night until I get all the electric resolved! So that kind of solves that problem for now.

I say the first time they cross the line.....you confiscate the car!!! Seriously tho, these are great little cars for the ladies, easy to handle, more than enough pep to keep you in or out of trouble, and it sounds like a lot of the safety features have been upgraded already!! Welcome to FABO to you and the girls, it's nice to have you with us!!

I say the first time they cross the line.....you confiscate the car!!! Seriously tho, these are great little cars for the ladies, easy to handle, more than enough pep to keep you in or out of trouble, and it sounds like a lot of the safety features have been upgraded already!! Welcome to FABO to you and the girls, it's nice to have you with us!!

Wow! I'm really overwhelmed with the generous welcome from many!

Yes, the new seats with belts was the first thing I did. Found used 06 Chevy seats for 100.00/for both in excellent shape. Painted black with fabric paint. Pretty easy install with very little mods. Sit a little higher than I'd like but comfy, safe ride.

Welcome Rob, that is awesome your girls are interested in the Barracuda. I have 2 20' some year old sons who could care less about helping dad work on his 65. Once finished, they will probably want to drive it though

Welcome Rob, that is awesome your girls are interested in the Barracuda. I have 2 20' some year old sons who could care less about helping dad work on his 65. Once finished, they will probably want to drive it though
Thank you for the warm welcome! Your sons will surely appreciate it someday!

Welcome! I had a 64 Barracuda for decades as a daily driver. Loved that car. My daughter helped me redo a 95 Neon and learned to drive a stick with it. We both will remember that car and working together on it for the rest of our lives. All the best!

Welcome! I had a 64 Barracuda for decades as a daily driver. Loved that car. My daughter helped me redo a 95 Neon and learned to drive a stick with it. We both will remember that car and working together on it for the rest of our lives. All the best!
Great story! Thank you for sharing!

Welcome Rob,

My twin daughters were just 11 years old when we brought the Duster home as a Daddy Daughter project and were welcomed here into the FABO family. They'll be 16 and driving in a few months. Crazy how fast the time flies! Our thread in the members restoration section documents not only the progress of our build, but also them girls growing from little kids into young ladies. Bitter sweet! Those days and late nights spinning wrenches with them were/are some of my best memories. Enjoy every minute man.

Be well,
Pat

Welcome Rob,

My twin daughters were just 11 years old when we brought the Duster home as a Daddy Daughter project and were welcomed here into the FABO family. They'll be 16 and driving in a few months. Crazy how fast the time flies! Our thread in the members restoration section documents not only the progress of our build, but also them girls growing from little kids into young ladies. Bitter sweet! Those days and late nights spinning wrenches with them were/are some of my best memories. Enjoy every minute man.

Be well,
Pat
That is fantastic story, glad they will soon be able to take the Duster for a spin. Love the Naperville area, I grew up in Western Suburbs, miss it. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome toFABO! My 65 Barracuda (273 4 speed) is going to my oldest son who lives in the Netherlands after I get the rebuilt motor finished and installed. Also upgrading to front discs, rebuilt front end and 8.75 rear before he takes ownership.

Welcome toFABO! My 65 Barracuda (273 4 speed) is going to my oldest son who lives in the Netherlands after I get the rebuilt motor finished and installed. Also upgrading to front discs, rebuilt front end and 8.75 rear before he takes ownership.
Excellent! Wow, I wouldn't think there would be more than 3 of these cars in the Netherlands. Everyone on the street will stop to look. Thank you for the welcoming.

You know without a doubt you'll have quality time with youir girls and some nice memories in the making!
Welcome to the site!

So happy for you that you will have these memories with your daughter! Hope to do the same!

welcome , got a 64 barracuda myself . cool cars . if there is anything i can answer question wise just ask , one thing i noted was the eddy stuff for your early 273 , 64 65 273 had a different bolt angle on the mounting bolts from intake to head , has your heads been updated to later ones ? if not you will need to modify you intake for the different bolt angles , and before you put your daughter in it , think better brakes .
Scan0013_0013.jpg

welcome , got a 64 barracuda myself . cool cars . if there is anything i can answer question wise just ask , one thing i noted was the eddy stuff for your early 273 , 64 65 273 had a different bolt angle on the mounting bolts from intake to head , has your heads been updated to later ones ? if not you will need to modify you intake for the different bolt angles , and before you put your daughter in it , think better brakes . View attachment 1714982389
Thank you for the welcome! So cool you have a 64 too! Very unique car. Bought the car and have no history or build sheet. It has a edelbrock manifold with a 4 barrel edelbrock carb.
-Therefore, do you think someone had to do this upgrade you mentioned?
-Just did new brakes all around
-Want to upgrade fronts to disc
-Do you have recommendation for front disc? -Considering Scarebird based on postings

Thank you for offering to help answer questions, I really appreciate it!

-
Back