New to the Forum.. 65 Dart

-

dartntech

Reaction score
Hello new to the forum here. I have become a proud owner of 1965 Dart 270 convertible. Automatic 2bbl 273. I believe it's all original pretty much? It seems engine serials, heads etc. would be correct, but I'm not totally sure? It came from a long time friend of mine who had it stored since like 1983. She ran when it was parked.... but now locked up tightly. I have tried every concoction known to man in the cylinders, and left sit for a very long time. Well today I removed the heads and the cylinders don't look too bad blew out with air etc. I will keep trying as I would like to get the engine to rotate and just pull block for now. Any way it will be an adventure I'm sure! I have been reading some interesting things from the site it's nice to have the expertise of others who "have been there done that". I would maybe like to learn a little more about the car from the body tag, maybe get some history it that is possible? I also received some additional parts but I'm not sure they all belong with this car, basically everything is here, trim, lights etc. floors not so good... so let the fun begin! Thanks

DSCN1976.JPG

DSCN1977.JPG

DSCN1978.JPG

Hello new to the forum here. I have become a proud owner of 1965 Dart 270 convertible. Automatic 2bbl 273. I believe it's all original pretty much? It seems engine serials, heads etc. would be correct, but I'm not totally sure? It came from a long time friend of mine who had it stored since like 1983. She ran when it was parked.... but now locked up tightly. I have tried every concoction known to man in the cylinders, and left sit for a very long time. Well today I removed the heads and the cylinders don't look too bad blew out with air etc. I will keep trying as I would like to get the engine to rotate and just pull block for now. Any way it will be an adventure I'm sure! I have been reading some interesting things from the site it's nice to have the expertise of others who "have been there done that". I would maybe like to learn a little more about the car from the body tag, maybe get some history it that is possible? I also received some additional parts but I'm not sure they all belong with this car, basically everything is here, trim, lights etc. floors not so good... so let the fun begin! Thanks

View attachment 1716291847

View attachment 1716291848

View attachment 1716291849
Welcome from the Garden State!
IMG_4629.gif
IMG_4626.gif
IMG_4620.gif
IMG_4617.gif
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_4614.gif
IMG_4599.gif

-