new to the mopar world ( tranny ?)

-

TADT78

Reaction score
i recently traded for a 70 duster 340, it has a four speed in it, and i was wondering how can i tell witch it has? are all 4 speeds the A-833 or is there a 3 speed overdrive and how hard is it to put syncros. in it it grinds a little up shifting and down shifting worse when its cold.. thanks for any help you mite have

Welcome aboard. All 1970 4 speeds should be the same, except for 18 spline (Hemi, six pack) units. 4 spd Dusters are very cool.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Welcome to FABO! There was no 3-speed OD trans so it is a 4-speed A-833. I would try ajusting the clutch free play first before you do any thing else.

the only pic i have of it on this com is in my avatar......the ? about the od trans i had was is it any weaker or is it the same just with od

i have found alot of info on this site so far

but as far as my car what i know so far is its a 340 clone, but has 340 in it with headers, cam, intake, your basic stuff 4- speed, 8 3/4 with 3:91 suregrip ill try to get some more pics of it soon and has been converted to dics brakes and later k member

The easiest way wouid be to look on the pass side of the trans for a raised pad. There should be some numbers stamped in it. Get those and it's easier to figure out what you have.

something like pp833 xxxx xxxx
then possibly the last eight of the vin.

-
Back