new to the mopar world!

-

volitech

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently acquired a 65 dart gt that is in pretty damn good condition but does need some work. It does have a rebuilt 360 with a mild street cam and 727 transmission. Heres some pics.....

65dartgt001.jpg

65dartgt005.jpg

65dartgt004.jpg

Now how I acquired the car. My dad had bought the car wanting to have an old mopar like he had when he was 19. I found it on line for $3500 and we went and bought it. After about three weeks he decided the dart wasn't what he wanted so he found a 70 duster at the very bottom of Illinois. It is a 318 three speed car but it needs a new floor pan all new rear quarters, tail panel and trunk floor. He decided he wanted to have it restored and since I work in a body shop/repair shop he offered the dart to me in trade for restoring the duster for the labor and he would pay for all the parts. Granted I am not the most experienced body man but I'm learning. So I of course excepted the deal...

Welcome! Great to see another 65 Gt around! I think you will find this site very useful for anything you need to know about your new ride.

Thanks I'm defiantly finding alot of very use full info witch helps alot because I've always been a honda guy so I know very little about these mopars.....

Welcome and glad to see the early A body group grow even more

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Really nice Mopar!!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC09650.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 167
What does the driver exhaust manifold look like where it bolts to the pipe? or number on it? asking because the 360 has larger ports than the original 273. Nice rims!

What does the driver exhaust manifold look like where it bolts to the pipe? or number on it? asking because the 360 has larger ports than the original 273. Nice rims!

the numbers on the drivers manifold is 2465847 and here is a pic

65dartgt006.jpg

Welcome! this is a great place for information and conversation among like minded friends. hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome. I've always been a honda guy and after looking around this board people are a hell of alot more helpful and friendlier than most of the honda boards.

Killer dart I've had allot of honda friends most own a mopar now after I drag them to the mopar nationals I've found growing up around classics mopar guys are almost always the nicest and ready to help

Welcome aboard from up northern Wi. Yes you will love this place. Lots of
nice people here. Don't feel bad about being a former honda owner. I grew
up in a GM family. They though I was crazy. I've had less problems with my
Mopars then they did with the GM's.
Anyway, I really like your car. Remindes me of my Dart. But mine had the
old trusty /6. Wheels look great on there!

Welcome aboard from up northern Wi. Yes you will love this place. Lots of
nice people here. Don't feel bad about being a former honda owner. I grew
up in a GM family. They though I was crazy. I've had less problems with my
Mopars then they did with the GM's.
Anyway, I really like your car. Remindes me of my Dart. But mine had the
old trusty /6. Wheels look great on there!

Lmao..... I don't feel to bad about it lol... But I am still a honda owner and i'm actually getting to the end of my civic project! It just got paint a month ago and just needs to be reassembled... My buddy who is huge mopar guy calls it my Japanese squad car and wants me to put car 54 in japanese on the roof... anyway heres a pic...

paintedcivic002.jpg

-
Back