new to this forum, hi all

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
hi all

i am new to this forum, but not mopars. i have been messing with cars for 25 years. i was a big B body fan for years, but owned a 68 barracuda fastback back in the 80s. i dabbled in turbo dodges for a few years, and currently have a 1988 dodge daytona shelby z t top car in storage for a restoration. i also like some brand X stuff, and did a restoration on a 1960 chevy el camino a number of years back, i also have a 2006 mustang GT, and a 1994 chevy silverado.

my current project i just got is a 1967 barracuda notchback 6 cylinder 3 speed coupe. its pretty rough but complete. i snagged it for $1,000, figured this was a good deal since it was complete, and 42 years old. the plan is to make it into an SCCA trans am road racer type of car. one that goes fast, handles, and stops well.

i also picked up a 1974 dodge dart V8 4 door sedan at my local police auction for $400 its complete and runs. another steal. my plan is to put the 74 front suspension, large bolt pattern disc brakes and V8 K frame under the 67 cuda body, narrow a 67 to 71 D100 truck 8&3/4 rear i can get pretty cheaply and plentiful in my local boneyard and run 15x8 painted steelies, with larger stock car style lug nuts and studs. i will be keeping the cuda manual tranny, but am looking for an A body A833 4 speed, along with an LA engine pattern bell housing.

the 318 in the donor dart i will only be using the block, and some external accessories, as i will be punching it 060 over and installing a stroker kit. so the A904 tranny i want to sell, as well as an A727 big block tranny i have lying around.

will the floor pan from the 74 dart fit my 67 cuda?? the cuda floor pan is wasted, additionally somebody used a torch and hacked a gaping hole in it for a floor shift, and cut through the welded in tranny/torsion bar crossmember. i am a welder fabricator by trade, and have done a decent amount of metal work on cars, so the crossmember and floor pan issue does not scare me, just need to know if the clean floor from the dart and crossmember from the 74 dart will fit back that far so i can use them.

anybody make any good repop front fenders?? or at least have a good used L/H front fender they would part with?? if not anybody make any good quality bolt on fiberglass ones???

how about 68/69 windshield and back window stainless reveal trim mouldings?? i like the way the 68/69 windows are held in with the stainless instead of the chromed plastic lock strip.

i havent messed with a RWD mopar since the last A body i had 14 years ago, a 1969 dodge dart "western sport special"

i also have a complete front clip off this 74 dart, and it is clean shape, no rust, perfect chrome on the bumper, grille is straight and uncracked. this is a perfect nose for a dart sport, or swinger project, i believe the hood will fit a 69 cuda as well. i would like to sell off some of the stuff i dont intend to use to help pay for what i got into my project so far.

lots of questions i know, i think i am on the right track with some of the things i got going on with it for now.

hope to hear from some of you

matt

011.JPG

012.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

wel_ani3Tay.gif

Welcome to FABO. Looks like you got your work cut out for ya. Can't have too many 67 notches.Good luck with the build.8)

wel_ani3Tay.gif

good thing its a west texas car, framerails, fenders, bottoms of the doors and quarter panels are all solid, typical floorpan rot from leaking windshield wiper shaft seals. last registered in 1981. just gonna have a hard time finding the parts for this one, mostly trucks here in west texas, junkyards are not chock full of these cars anymore either.

since i am going with the SCCA road racer on the street vibe with this car some stuff doesnt need to be restoration correct but i need to obviously pick up some straight metal for the exterior.

matt

Welcome aboard Matt. No one is doing repop steel fenders right now. There are fibrgls ones, someone did a thread on here about the horrors they had with fbrgls ones for their cuda. I think the dart floor will fit, but someone that knows for sure will chime in. Chk out auto metal directs website for repop metal, they have the best sheet metal for your notch. Good luck and like abv post said you cant have too many notches!!
4spdragtop

Welcome to fabo Matt. The 74 floor pan fits the 67 but the contours of the floor are different. AMD sells complete floor pan or two piece pan. As 4spdragtop said, best sheet metal for your notch. Good luck with your build.

Welcome to the forum Matt. I've seen you on the turbododge forums. Matt is a great guy who was always ready to give advice when needed. Let's all see what we can do for him.
Matt. This is a great forum with an amazing amount of knowledge here. The members can be very helpful with advice on anything you need to know. Enjoy your stay here.
Frank

-
Back