New to this forum, I’ve always been a 1970 Duster fan. Had a ‘70 duster in college and always wanted more horses than a slant 6 could give.

-

Edison70

Reaction score
Bought a used 1970 Duster (ex Boston Edison car) at auction for $950 and drove it 100k miles… best transportation for the money ever! That was in 1978… now I want to drive a tricked out 70 Duster. I’ve had a collectible ‘69 MGC before but I never want another British car again. I want some Detroit muscle before I leave this planet! Cheers all

(Now you know why the handle)

IMG_8185.jpeg

Welcome! I have a similar story. I drove Dusters in high school and college at the around the same time as you. Now I have the car in my avatar.

Do you have a Duster or are you looking for one?

Welcome! I have a similar story. I drove Dusters in high school and college at the around the same time as you. Now I have the car in my avatar.

Possibly looking for one

“Tricked out” implies the alterations from Original that make a older car, modern from a performance and handling perspective

Looking for the right one

“Tricked out” implies the alterations from Original that make a older car, modern from a performance and handling perspective

Sounds like you and I might have the same idea.

Only reason I ask is that different people have different ideas of "tricked out". Some might want Skyjackers so the tires to stick out past the quarters, others lots of metal flake and candy apple paint, or maybe a sound system that can only be turned up in a stadium with ear muffs on. But generally in this group, it sometimes means a big motor, tubs in the back and pizza cutters in the front.

For myself, I lean towards drives like a modern car but looks mostly stock or similar. There are limits and you can't hide 17/18" wheels but you also can't have modern rubber or 13/14" brakes without them. Same thing under the hood, you can try and make a G3 Hemi look old school but that defeats some of the advantages of the motor and I like how they look anyways. But I like mine to kind of look stock other than that. To each there own though.

I was just curious what your definition was, not to argue about it, just so I understood what your goals were.

-
Back