New to us 1970 Dart 340

-

C7train

Reaction score
Hey everyone! A few years back, my buddy and his dad bought a Dart Swinger 340, I drove them to pick it up and we used my rig as the tow vehicle. Fast forward to now, they weren't doing much with the car and would rather the cash in the bank so they sold it to my dad and me (no not my dad and I). Our short plan is to get it back to factory colors and keep the 340 in it. It's a 4 speed/bench seat car and we are psyched! My dad is a big 340 fan so the H-code was a cool addition for him, and I must say coming from a chevy 350 Nova, this thing is a monster in comparison. My Nova isn't a slouch, but it honestly pails in comparison to this car.

My first question which I've searched for here and didn't find a definitive answer is this: The VIN states it has "transverse stripe" but I don't know if that's the butt stripe around the back of the car or the stripes down the side. Can someone help me with that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Welcome to FABO.......and the world of Mopar! Nice first car. You may as well get the camera going, because they will be asking!

Welcome to FABO, lots of great folks on here.
The transverse stripe is the butt stripe as you thought.
A longitudinal stripe is one that that goes down the side of the car front to back.
Yes, pics please!

Welcome to FABO and that would be the bumble stripe around the back end of your Dart

2297CFE7-F60D-42B5-9C52-F489717873A3.jpeg

14B00363-2BC6-4F78-B599-6EC86374593A.jpeg

Welcome to FABO. There's quite a few of us with 70 Darts. 340 bench seat 4 speed? Mikee likee! Here's mine. (just a 318 bench seat auto)

001 50.jpg

-
Back