New to

-

Dawnsdart

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Laurie and Im new to this forum. I've read posts over the years and excited to officially join the community. I have a 1970 Dodge Dart with a slant 6 engine. I bought it about 7 years ago and it's run pretty great up until now. With the help of trouble shooting from mechanics and my uncle I have been able work on it and replace some parts over the years but I am hoping to learn more from MOPAR folks. I know it's not a fast car but I have loved cruising around and taking drives along the coast in it. It was even my daily driver for a couple of years and was really reliable and ran great. I once had a mechanic tell me that " the last thing living on earth will be roaches and slant 6's". LOL

IMG_7363.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from Kansas, Laurie. I was in the Air Force for 20 years. I was stationed at Mather AFB in Sacramento for 5 years. It was a beautiful area. Please post some pictures or your car.

Welcome to the site, I love the slant 6 cars, and even 4 doors.
They are a cheap and fun way to get into this hobby, as long as you aren't trying to expect too much power out of them.
Keep it fairly stock and fun.
There are a lot of people on here who know their stuff when it comes to slant 6s, and they will answer all questions that you have.
Enjoy!
(And we need some pictures)
lol

Welcome from Texas, Laurie. Your mechanic is probably right about the slant 6 and **** roaches. Someone has to work "really" hard to destroy a stock street driven slant.

:welcome: from :canada:
The most important thing is that you enjoy your car, it doesn't have to be a fast car, or a race car, just as long as it puts a smile on your face when you are behind the wheel.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal!
We need more pics of your Dart.
What part of California are you in?

Welcome from WI. As mentioned, please post some pics!!

Welcome from detroit! And have you checked valve lash on that? Just curious.. /6 owners will drive them for 40 years and never check em.. makes a big difference :)

Welcome from out east of you in northeast Arkansas, loved my /6 and daily driver for 7 years, she is all updated now with dual master and disk brakes. Great information here and fine folks. Yes, more pictures of that beuityful more door mopar please

Car show wedding pic's 146.jpg

Tim Morlin Visit 7 22 2010 015.jpg

Wow what a beauty! What year is your valiant? It Looks great in the autumn leaves. My engine does not look as clean as yours. It had a rebuilt engine when I bought it. But the paint is chipping off maybe one day I can clean it up and make some updates. Can you tell me more about your carburetor?

Wow what a beauty! What year is your valiant? It Looks great in the autumn leaves. My engine does not look as clean as yours. It had a rebuilt engine when I bought it. But the paint is chipping off maybe one day I can clean it up and make some updates. Can you tell me more about your carburetor?
Don't fall for it... He just has Cylinder Envy... when you only have 6 you have to make it look better :)

Its a offy intake and a 390 cfm Holly, 170 ci. /6
Fresh cool air will even wake up a single or two barrel carb. This engine is in a beuityful 65 Dart now with two carb intake, I now have moved on to a 360.

-
Back