New Torsion Bar - Settling and Adjustment

-

danielb927

Reaction score
Just finished a front end re-build (and new rear shocks and springs as well). I put in new JustSuspension 1" bars. I got the alignment close on the front end and it feels fine, doesn't pull to one side or the other much, but I know it'll need a real alignment since I just got it as close as I could without any alignment tools.

My question is, how long should I wait for the springs to settle before getting it aligned? It feels nice enough that I could drive it for a week, 50 miles, whatever, then set the ride height where I want it and get it aligned. I know when you change ride height you should often get a re-alignment, and I don't want to pay for two of them if I can avoid it. So the question is, how long/far should I drive it before the t-bars have settled most of the way and I can set ride height for an alignment?

IMO a few times around the block should be good for the first alignment. Then maybe get another alignment after a few thousand miles.

Yeah, a short drive should do it. Also, try driving about 10 m.p.h. and bounce on the brakes a couple of times to exercise the front suspension a little more. Then recheck your ride height. You should be good to go for alignment after that.

-
Back