New Valiant owner in SoCal

-
Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought my first classic car, a '63 Valiant 4-door. I'll be looking around for various parts and could use any advice/suggestions/tips anyone has to offer, since I'm new to the restoration scene.
Please drop me a pm if you have any helpful hints!

-Vanessa

valiant.jpg

valiant2.jpg

Welcome to FABO, Vanessa, from another SoCal membe up in the northern part of OC. You're going to have fun here.
Post up any specific questions you may have. Lots of great people on here to help with anything you may need.
Cute Valiant!

That is a sweet little Valiant, and from what I see it sure doesn't need much. Are you going to start a thread in the project section? What all are you going to do to it?

Oh, and have you named it... :smile:

That is a sweet little Valiant, and from what I see it sure doesn't need much. Are you going to start a thread in the project section? What all are you going to do to it?

Oh, and have you named it... :smile:

Named it Voodoo. ;)
It's a pretty clean car, but it needs little details here and there. New carb, new steering wheel, tranny tune, trim work, new paint, etc. So it's a good first project car.
Might get around to starting a project thread soon. :)

Welcome aboard this great sit, all you will need is here, we have the best of the best tec's and great folks to cheer you on

I think its cool that you chose a sedan. Most people look down on them because they are NOT a two door, but I think they can be cool daily drivers and much easier to load people into. :)

Welcome Vanessa! It will be really cool to see your valiants progress! Mopar is a great way to go when it comes to buying/building a classic.

Welcome to FABO. My opinion is that your 4 door Valiant looks alot better today between the color and wheels than when new. Can you post the interior?

BTW, From my standpoint, its the never ending projects that we all love..

225 /6, Offenhauser mani with Holley 4bbl, auto 3 spd, unknown rear-end.
Note: Trying to switch out that Holley with a carter 1bbl. Any suggestions on how to get my hands on one?

Vanessa- 1bbl's are pretty common. Better is the "Super Six" set up; it's a 2bbl...be sure to get the exhaust manifold and kick down as well.

Not sure how you'd swap it onto the old bellcrank throttle set up on your rig if it is still there (imagine it's not since it has a 4bbl on it now).

Vanessa- 1bbl's are pretty common. Better is the "Super Six" set up; it's a 2bbl...be sure to get the exhaust manifold and kick down as well.

Not sure how you'd swap it onto the old bellcrank throttle set up on your rig if it is still there (imagine it's not since it has a 4bbl on it now).

As of Tuesday, we're switching out the 4bbl for a carter 2bbl.
What we realized today after a little poking around is that the guy used a 2bbl-4bbl jetting... but flipped it around the other way. Lunatic. So it should be all set for a 2bbl.

Congrats on the Valiant! Are you in the San Diego area? I think I saw that car for sale. Good to hear it went to a good home. I'm in Escondido; drop me a PM if I can be of help.

Voodoo, what part of socal? I am in los angeles so if you need any parts let me know, I have lots from over the years, some new, etc.

Welcome to FABO Voodoo Valiant!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Nice car!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• WOW Side View.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 72
Thanks, all!

abgwin, yes you probably saw it, I'm located in Oceanside. So I'm sure you're a great person to know if I ever need some help nearby! Thanks. :)

65Valiant310, thanks for offering! I'm sure I'll end up contacting you for something eventually. :)

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back