New Valiant owner in Texas

-

nephlyte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just got myself a 1966 Plymouth Valiant on ebay for 1200 dollars. Its got a great running slant 6 and nice interior. Also, it has 4dr and no seat beats!

I fly up to Wisconsin to pick this baby up and it drove back like a dream. No problems with it on the road or since.

There is a lot of original parts on this thing. Just needs a little body work and it'll be a nice ride.

Anyway, hi all.

Welcome nephlyte!!
Glad your 66 Valiant got you home ok.
I am waiting for my 63 4dr /6.
Hope you take the time to enjoy this great site.

Welcome nephlyte!!

I am waiting for my 63 4dr /6.

Where are you getting it from? Or are you looking for one? because a friend of the family is selling one in corpus Christi.

Corpus is where i'm originally from, but now i'm going to law school in San Antonio. In corpus i was driving around a 69 impala (piece of crap, but it was only 500 bucks), but i needed a more reliable, easier to maintain, better gas mileage car(not to mention my stinging desire to get a mopar), so i got this Valiant to replace it.

And heck ya, i got some pics. I got it on ebay and the only reason that i was so confident in getting the car was that the guy sent me any picture i requested. So i've got about two dozen of them. The body has a little shotty work done to it, but thats probably why i got it so cheap.

66Valiant-rightside.jpg

66Valiant-leftside.jpg

66Valiant-frontgrill.jpg

66Valiant-driverseat.jpg

66Valiant-rightside.jpg

66Valiant-rightside.jpg

66Valiant-leftside.jpg

66Valiant-leftside.jpg

66Valiant-frontgrill.jpg

66Valiant-frontgrill.jpg

66Valiant-driverseat.jpg

66Valiant-driverseat.jpg

Wow !!! She is beautiful :headbang:
I found one here in Arkansas at a rummage sale.
Its a long story but here is some pic of it in storage.
1963 v200 4dr 52k original miles.
Go to the general discussion thread and scroll down
to "Help me again Please" Thread by memike.
Looks like you got your self a Very Very fine A bodie mopar.:thumbup:

There are more pictures in the other thread and this little car has been a prisoner to an ex husband for 6 years know !!
It is quite a story, my lawyer will get it dun.

fourme.jpg

four door 0077.jpg

four door 01555.jpg

Wow.
You went to from the south (Texas) to the north (minnesota au gratin) to get a car.
Is that common?
Glad you did. Welcome back.

Well, to get the car you want, you have to go however far you have to to get it.

There were actually two reasons that i ended up taking the trip. One is economics. I had 2000 dollars to buy myself a good A body mopar. So since i found this one for 1200, the trip in no way costed me 800 bucks. So that ultimately set me ahead. Plus, my family had put a deadline on me to get a new car before i went off to school. If i had not purchased this one and taken the trip, i would've been forced into a 15 year old honda or something.

Also, it was quite an adventure to take an untested car a thousand miles or so. If i could've only had a couple more days off i would've went out and seen so much more. But i still will, since this car was so great on the trip, i'm gonna be taking on my next cross country trip.

You are a lot braver than I am ......:scratch:

I would agree there!! Texas is a pretty large area and still has a few A-bodies laying around so I am suprised that you flew cross country to get one. I am glad you got what you want though, that is great!! I am in the Coprus area myself and there is not many restorable ones left here. But up in the San Antonio, Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth areas I would think someone could find a decent car for about the same money??

Good luck with the car (and law school)!!!

But up in the San Antonio, Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth areas I would think someone could find a decent car for about the same money??

Well, i only searched for a couple of months. I found several around san Antonio, and in texas, but they either needed way to much work, the owner wanted a ridiculous amount of money for it or it had a v8 and i wanted a slant 6.

There is actually a 74 valiant for sale in corpus christi with a slant 6 and new suspension. There is very few spots of rust and it needs a new windshield. So i figured after all the work, i'd be better off with this one.

BTW, whoever said i was braver than they, i would say i'm more foolish, but i am still young. I have a few more years of foolish fun ahead of me yet.

Hi and welcome!
I have recently picked up a '65 valiant 4 door myself and it has given virtually no problems. It rides a lot smoothervthan I expected too!
It's worth making the trip from the looks of yours! Congrats!
Mopar or no car.

How cool to see the car here...Terry was watching it on ebay and he still talks about how he regrets not buying it...it was an excellent deal and close to home...only one state away. I'll let him know it went to someone who absolutely loves the car...he will be tickled to see it here! My first car was a '71 Impala...that thing was a piece of crap too...everywhere I went, I'd always run into someone who said "Weren't you the kid I picked up off the side of the road a few days ago?"

How cool to see the car here...Terry was watching it on ebay and he still talks about how he regrets not buying it...it was an excellent deal and close to home...only one state away. I'll let him know it went to someone who absolutely loves the car...he will be tickled to see it here!

Ya, heck of a deal. Good thing he didn't go for it though because i was within 100 dollars of my final bid price at the end of the auction and this was my last chance to own a mopar before i left for school. I was sweating bullets worried that someone would notch it up at the last second.

it is funny how close those auctions get to your top dollar isn't it? We were in a bidding war for a NOS center grille emblem; if our competition would have raised his bid by a dollar, we would have been finished. Glad you got the car too!

-
Back