New Valiant Owner

-

fostersnc

Reaction score
Found the site a while back and finally got time to register. I bought a 1967 Valiant a few months ago. It is my first A-body that I have owned. My parents had a Dart when I was a kid. The Valiant will need lots of TLC. The previous owner put a 70 model front end on it, so I'm considering if I should swith it back? But the car is in pretty good shape. The orginal 273 is gone & replaced with a 318. The Body is pretty straight.

I have owned Mopar products since 1987. Currently a Ram and a few Neons :) .

Sorry :idea1:

AYJWS-DSC04625.png

BBNBC-DSC04627.png

nice car, what are your plans for it? these cars look nice when theyre fixed up, but the 67 clip looks better on that body style, you should try and get one
67PlymVal.jpg

At this time just clean it up and get the 318 running. There was a 4 barrel stock Chrysler intake in the trunk, so I rebuilt a 4 barrel thermoquad carb, I had setting in the shop, last week. I should be able to install the carb next week and hopefully the car will run. This will help me out where I can move it under its own power. Get tired of pushing. :sad10:

The first thing Im doing is upgrading from the drum brakes to disks in the front. I found a donar car with 11" disks but I would like to find a set of 11 3/4 brake brackets from a B-body, so I can go with the larger rotors. I want to also up grade the suspension where it can handle the curves. I want the car to be street driven but handle like my Neon. Im looking at some upper contol arms and strut rods from Reilly Motorsports. Plus some new T-bars with a higher Lbs rating. Of course also replacing all of the bushings out. This should be able to make the front end more adjustable and make it handle well.

Not sure on what engine I want to go in it. :-? I have a 440 sitting in the shop that needs rebuilt but I know that its weight will throw off the handling real bad. I have been leaning more towards a small block. The new Hemi FI engine would be nice. I just haven't decided yet.

I know the car will take me a long while. I want done right the first time.

well if you ever decide if you want you want to make your car original looking again. I have the 273 I pulled out of my 1967 valiant. The motor is complete. I could sell it cheap. I put a 360 in mine

-
Back