New wheels and tires

-

royalbull73

Reaction score
Greetings all;

I have finally gotten my brakes all changed out with disc's on the front and new drums on the back. Changed out to the big bolt pattern and now in need of new wheels and tires. What is the largest size that I can put under the rear without modifying the wheel well? The car is a 1972 Demon. I want to stick with the good old Crager S/S's to keep the old school vibe and look, but will entertain others. Thanks for your time and input.

15x8 with a 275/60/15. If you have an A-body 8 3/4 with the BBP axles and brakes the backspace will need to be about 4.5" to 4.75" if you don't want to move or cut anything and the tires will actually be in the wheel wells.

15x8 with a 275/60/15. If you have an A-body 8 3/4 with the BBP axles and brakes the backspace will need to be about 4.5" to 4.75" if you don't want to move or cut anything and the tires will actually be in the wheel wells.
Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Call Crager- In my opinion, 255's on a 8 inch wheel is a safer bet. I bet they will recommend 4.25 backspace

Call Crager- In my opinion, 255's on a 8 inch wheel is a safer bet. I bet they will recommend 4.25 backspace

Well 15x8 with a 4.25” backspace would be a bad plan for BBP axles and an 8 3/4 if you want to run the biggest tire possible. SBP would be a different story. Unless you’re running SS springs and plan on the tires hanging outside the quarters.

And he asked for the “biggest”, not the safest bet. But literally dozens of people just on this board run 275’s on Dusters/Demons/Dart Sports. And most of them running BBP axles run 15x8’s with a 4.5” backspace too.

But we’ve had this conversation before. If he doesn’t want to take my word for it, he can check a handful of other members Demons/Dusters/Dart Sports that I summarized here, all with 275’s.

Demon Rear Wheels

-
Back