New words and their meaning.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wife and I were driving along the other day talking, yup we still do that after 27 years, LOL, anyway she was trying to say telepathic and instead the word telepathetic came out. We laughed about the slip up and continued down the road. About five minutes later I told her I had come up with a meaning for her new word.

telepathetic -- adj. - used to describe someone who talks or texts on their cellular phone while driving. Also used to describe teenagers walking down the sidewalk while talking or texting and walking out into an intersection oblivious to the traffic. also used to describe a group of 3 or more teens in the same room texting each other.

So what words have you inadvertently come up with?

Jack

I had an 88 year old computer terminal operator once tell me she had a "telegraphic memory". She was actually pretty good with technology, and was the print queue manager. I thought the term was especially appropriate, whether it was a slip or not.

:scratch: Let me coadjutant on this for a while Jack :-k :coffee2:

Tourons.

The tourist morons that flood this area every summer with their 5th wheels and motorhomes with line of traffic miles long behind them because they are only doing half the posted speed limit.:sad3:

Tourons.

The tourist morons that flood this area every summer with their 5th wheels and motorhomes with line of traffic miles long behind them because they are only doing half the posted speed limit.:sad3:

I call those portable roadblocks= old guy with all the time in the world behind wheel of a motorhome.

I always thought old people would want to drive faster to get where they're going because they don't have much time left.:tongue5::tongue5:

telepathetic..... awesome.... even the definition is fitting.. you coined a new word... call Websters !

-RPM

This thread reminds me of "sniglits". does anyone remember that term and what it stood for?

Tourons.

I like that one. We have cruise ships that dock right outside my office windows. I think that word would apply to the passengers as well. We have had some interesting questions from them. Like, "where can I go to see a polar bear?", "are there any ski hills that rent ski's?" I remind you those are being asked when it is 80 F outside. LOL

Jack

Refresh our memory Frankie. I can't remember it at all.

Jack

Back in the early 80's, or perhaps even the late 70's there was a show called "Not Necessarily the News" The had a segment of the show where they would introduce new words (usually made up by the show's writers) that were descriptive and in most cases pretty funny. For example: "Lapscript" (Lap script).
"Lapscript" is all the subscription cards that fall out of a magazine when you first open it.

Things like that...

The wife and I were driving along the other day talking, yup we still do that after 27 years, LOL, anyway she was trying to say telepathic and instead the word telepathetic came out. We laughed about the slip up and continued down the road. About five minutes later I told her I had come up with a meaning for her new word.

telepathetic -- adj. - used to describe someone who talks or texts on their cellular phone while driving. Also used to describe teenagers walking down the sidewalk while talking or texting and walking out into an intersection oblivious to the traffic. also used to describe a group of 3 or more teens in the same room texting each other.

So what words have you inadvertently come up with?

Jack
That descibes some of the women in our family perfectly.
2 ( no names ) talk 90 miles per minute. Cant get a word in edge wise. If we're not prepared for 2 hours of listening, we dont answer.

Hahaha,
Great thread.
#2 Son & Myself were yip yappin politics a bit ago,
He came up with a new breed of politician.
A cross between a Rino & a Dino ...

A hellifino.

Back in the early 80's, or perhaps even the late 70's there was a show called "Not Necessarily the News" The had a segment of the show where they would introduce new words (usually made up by the show's writers) that were descriptive and in most cases pretty funny. For example: "Lapscript" (Lap script).
"Lapscript" is all the subscription cards that fall out of a magazine when you first open it.

Things like that...

I remmeber one of those...
Burgercide, when a beef patty just cant take it anymore and dives between the bars into the flaming coals below.

Analyze,Pronunced anal eyes, to look at something from an aholes point of view

-
Back