New XHD Mancini Spring Different Shackle Angles

-
Unless the car is on the ground and under running and driving weight, all of this is just speculation. You can be sure of nothing until all four corners are down, relaxed, and under full weight.

That sounds reasonable. I have the front apart to swap bushings but was hoping to get the weight on the rear wheels to get a new driveshaft measurement since it takes weeks to have one made then I have to hope it is the correct length.

That sounds reasonable. I have the front apart to swap bushings but was hoping to get the weight on the rear wheels to get a new driveshaft measurement since it takes weeks to have one made then I have to hope it is the correct length.

the driveshaft should also be measured under full weight.

When you say “full weight” do you mean all four wheels on their own weight? I was hoping to just use the rear wheels on their weight. How in the heck do guys fit under their car to make the measurement when it’s on the floor?

When you say “full weight” do you mean all four wheels on their own weight? I was hoping to just use the rear wheels on their weight. How in the heck do guys fit under their car to make the measurement when it’s on the floor?

front wheels up on ramps, or blocks, or Jack stands under the LCA if you have to, and a Jack under the rear axle. That’s for checking the length of the driveshaft. If you’re checking your springs, or ride height, you want it on the tires, and bounced in the front and back a few times and allowed to settle. It’s really best to drive it before you check it, but you can get close by bouncing the front and back and pushing it back and forth a few times.

Thank you fir the help. I’ll get the front put back together snd the rear as soon as I receive my replacement spring pack.

-
Back