Newbie 340 Duster Project

-

Austinsguns

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new around here. I just picked up my first mopar project. 1971 Duster 340, B5 blue, 90,000 miles, 727, 391 Suregrip, all matching and original. It has been sitting for many years. I dropped the tank when I got it home, flushed the lines, went thru the carb and she fired right up! :supz:

It is pretty much all complete and untouched. I plan on getting it back to its original glory. I can't wait to get started.

should be a fun project.

111.jpg

233.jpg

2222.jpg

22222.jpg

Welcome to FABO! What a great car. Very clean with a "barn find" feel to it. Low options and a 3.91.....she was built to be a hot rod for sure.:D Good luck with it, and have fun. If any A body should be put back to it's stock glory, I think you found the perfect candidate. :thumleft:

Sweet car. That is an incredible find for 2014! These are getting harder and harder to find original like this one. Best of luck with the restoration!

AZ

Looking forward to following your progress, welcome to the site.

Nice car, with the 3.91 gears, I'll bet that 727 has a factory high stall converter too.

Thanks guys. It doesn't seem to have a high stall torque converter.

Ah-here's your thread--lets dust it off shall we? Are you planning to create a thread over in restorations?

Ah-here's your thread--lets dust it off shall we? Are you planning to create a thread over in restorations?

Yes, I will! For now I am driving it and enjoying it for a spell before I tear it down. (This way I know what I am missing out on... so I do not sit on my butt with It half done for two years)

it looks like they bypassed the heater core, possible leak? hope they didn't let leak to long and rust the floor and torsion bar frame rail. i know cause someone let one leak to long on a 67 coronet i bought and had to to replace floor and cross member. great find . i have 340 4spd with 391 sure grip and wish i had 2 more gears lol.

Wow! That is a nice find. I hope to have my 71 done in about a year. Good Luck and I am looking forward to seeing progress.

Looks like you have a fun project there. You're gonna have fun with that Duster.

Boy, I'd sure be tempted to just clean it up, take care of the mechanicals and drive it.

Nice find!

Great find. I'm having to clone mine to get what you have there, I'm jealous!! Welcome to FABO!!

Mine's getting cloned too! Really nice find! Drive the wheels off the old girl for awhile!

My favorite color combo for 71!!!! Nice Score!!!

GLWYResto.......looks like a Easy One.

Hi all, I'm new around here. I just picked up my first mopar project. 1971 Duster 340, B5 blue, 90,000 miles, 727, 391 Suregrip, all matching and original. It has been sitting for many years. I dropped the tank when I got it home, flushed the lines, went thru the carb and she fired right up! :supz:

It is pretty much all complete and untouched. I plan on getting it back to its original glory. I can't wait to get started.

should be a fun project.

Loving the B5 and white stripes, any interior pics? Good look with her!

-
Back