newbie.. 70 Dart Swinger

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
hello everyone im new to the site. Im from london ontario and have some questions.
I have the chance to buy a 1970 dodge dart swinger 340 4 speed car
Originally purple but is now orange.
The car has 68 thousand original miles on the original motor the motor was rebuilt about say 20 years ago and had about 60 thousands miles on it before rebuild.
The car has never bin restored, has a new front fender, it needs a paint job. interior is MINT.
It needs new exhaust.
requires a bit of body work
but over all a VERY nice car!
its appraised just under 16 thousand.
Any one have any info for me for what i should look at on the car?
Possible price to pay?
Any info anyone may have let me know
Thank you!

Sounds like a solid car.
16k seems steep for a car needing body and paint.(and color change)
Get all the info off the fender tag and post it,to see if it is an original dart swinger 340 4 speed car.
Post some pictures of the car ,if you can.
Do not rule out finding a car here in states and having it shipped to you in Ontario.
Happy Hunting,
TXDart

Welcome to FABO! Just don't know what cars are going for up your way. Do know they get a bit more for them then down here.

Welcome to FABO, '70DartSwinger.
It sounds to me like it's a good car to get, it's just a matter of price.
I think the $16,000 appraisal is way off. When was it appraised?
Somebody's been watching Barrett/Jackson way too much.
It might be worth that if the car is matching numbers everything and in nice original paint with no rust, good exhaust, and a mint interior....ready to drive as is (In other words a true survivor).
Does it run and drive now and if so how good?
Would you plan to keep it original or modify it slightly?
Matching numbers everything on it now?
How much rust does it really have?
If it does not have any rust holes at all, and only a small amount of dent repair to do, it runs and drives good, is matching numbers, i would say it's worth 10 grand tops.
Do you have any pics of it?
That would help a lot.
Just my 2 cents.
Tom.

I would make sure it doesn't have the tiny 7 1/4 rear end. Unless you feel like replacing it when it blows up.

no i dont have any pics of it, but it is numbers matching everything, no rust just years ago when he got a rear quarter panel put in the guy didn't do a good job so its noticeable as well as when the front fender was put on it doesn't line up with the door.. so just a few things to make it look good the paint is good just isn't perfect but its not terrible like its not faded or anything just a few imperfection.. when i said needs some body work thats really all i ment. Everything works fine he just put a new battery, car starts and runs drives excellent, it has the original carb still on it.
The guy who owns it has owned it since 1974 and keeps it in his garage and very rarely drives it.
I plan to keep it original, the appraisal was done 3 years ago and was appraised at 15800.
The interior is absolutely mint he had the drivers seat recover and thats it the rest is in from factory condition, no cracks in the dash or anything.
What do you guys think?

I would make sure it doesn't have the tiny 7 1/4 rear end. Unless you feel like replacing it when it blows up.

How would i tell what rear end it has? If i got the vin number would we be able to decode it or do i need the fender tag?( the fender tag is hard to read as its bin painted)

-
Back